Restore 3rd party apps on new OS installs

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by MacAddict01, Nov 7, 2015.

1. MacAddict01

MacAddict01 MDL Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Hey guys,

For those of you that use an Android and flash ROMs, you know how amazing Titanium Backup is for restoring all your apps to the new ROM.

My question is, does anyone know of any backup solution to restore our 3rd party apps easily to a new Windoze OS? Installing a clean build such as Insider builds is such as waste of time when restoring our 3rd party apps and configurations. I've used many backup solutions in the past 20 years and found nothing capable of restoring just my apps to a new OS. It's 2015 and unless I'm mistaken we still have no easy solution to do so...not to mention a horrid and 15 year old theme engine we have to deal with on Windoze 10. lol

So any ideas or suggestions?

2. Taliseian

Taliseian MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Not sure about specific app settings, but I use programs like Ninite and Patch My PC to mass download the apps that I use on a regular basis whenever I do a clean install.

Is this what you're talking about?

T

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MacAddict01

MacAddict01 MDL Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Exactly what Im talking about and thanks for your references. I'm going to do testing now.

5. dasag

dasag MDL Junior Member

Mar 9, 2014
    I have often thought the same. With Titanium we can backup and restore apps and data to their original configuration in just minutes.

I have searched but so far found nothing that works the same.

A partial solution I have is to install 3rd party windows programs to a separate partition on the same hard drive.. then.. on a clean reinstall just linking the main exe file with a shortcut to the desktop.

Works for most programs and sure beats a full reinstall.

6. Valiosa

Valiosa MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2015
    I usually backup and than restore my "home" folder C:\Users\<USERNAME> and it works. And things like ninite.com install apps.