Retail to vol office 2010 question...

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by sadsack, Jan 28, 2012.

1. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    #1 sadsack, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
    Hi all,

I've already been given some guidance already, on a previous problem, but it has come to the day that I need to install off 2010 on mo in laws p.c.

I got the X16-32250.exe from dig river, its the ProPlus Retail X86 English 32bit version.

I wanted to make it vol, so i tried off 2010 installer channel switcher v 1.4.3, .... I browsed to the X16-32250.exe file.
    Put the output iso file th c:/vol ...... and when I pressed the "start channel switching" button, i was met with an error which stated "The indicated input file does not seem to be a supported office, visio or project installer".

Have I made a total booboo of what I am trying to achieve. I assumed I didn't need an ISO image to do a conversion.

The X16-32250.exe unpacks without any errors or problems using 7zip or winrar.

I am at any ones mercy for an easy explanation as to where I have gone wrong.

I was going to finish off using CODYQX4 2.3 beta 9 toolkit.

Would appreciate any help given....

sadsack

--------------------------------------------------------------

Decided to try something.... I unpacked the exe to a folder on c: called retail, I then used magicISO to create an iso image of the files that were unpacked.

I then re ran the channel switcher and it started to work for about 15 seconds at which point i was met with another error, this time it said "The indicated input file does not seem to be a supported installer, the working directory will be removed after you click OK."

Well it was worth a try......

Any ideas chaps where i'm cocking it up.

This is all being done on a xp pro sp3 p.c. 32bit.

2. stevemk14ebr

stevemk14ebr MDL Senior Member

Jun 23, 2010
    verify the hash of the exe to make sure it isnt corrupt then redowload the tool and verify that after that i'm outta idea u'll have to post on the channel switcher thread

3. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007