Retail version may got change (changes after rtm) ??? Possible

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by philipsg7, Aug 12, 2012.

1. philipsg7

philipsg7 MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2010
    Guyz check the official DVD cover of Windows 8 Retail DVD
    source is reliable, check the Red circle on cover which shows build string of RTM.

but WZT released the RTM build as below:
    6.2.9200.16384.WIN8_RTM.120725-1247

and Cover showing
    BUILD: 6.2.9200.16394.WIN8_RTM.120725-1247

what is that ? can anyone explain is it a minor change at the time of Retail release on October 26 or a big change ?

2nd is that i think Windows 8 may got change or get a 2nd edition just like Windows 98 in year 1999.
    because majority is not happy with removal of Start button of taskbar, and offcourse the removal of Transparency in RTM.

i think Release Preview was looked more gud then RTM... God knows why they removed why they removed Transparency from RTM....

anyways in short i just wanna ask what u pplz are expecting..... becos of this Cover and testing of RTM ....

plz share

Attached Files:

2. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    That's not the official DVD cover, it's done by a guy over on deviantart. He made a typo.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Agret

Agret MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Removal of start button is not something that they wish to change as there is dedicated key for that on 99% of keyboards and also on new windows tablets.
    They removed transparency because they finished off the Metro theme for desktop. Metro is about basic flat shapes, not transparencies.

You may not like the design changes but they won't be reverting them, you'll have to use third party application/themes to recreate the experience you desire.