Retail XP CD with OEM product keys

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Exalted Erick, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Exalted Erick

Exalted Erick MDL Novice

May 17, 2009
    I downloaded the XP Home with SP3 ISO from MSDN and would like to make it accept OEM product keys, but I'm not sure if this would work...

- Edit the "setupp.ini" file so the last three digits of the PID are OEM.
    - Burn the CD.

Now here's where I'm unsure... Since this would be a retail XP CD that would accept OEM product keys, must I have a SLP BIOS, or could I just disable the SLP check between the BIOS and OEM files and Windows would boot normally?

2. Exalted Erick

Exalted Erick MDL Novice

May 17, 2009
    I'm an a-hole for asking for help?

3. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Moderation Note:

Whatever you think about a member asking for help - insults are NOT the correct way to tell a person something.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    You could disable the check, or simply add the slp to DMI for whatever brand you have (if it is valid DMI address)

There are cracks for this, but why modify to accept OEM serials if you are using a crack anyway??

The OEMBIOS files and serial will not prevent booting, only to 'activate' or prevent 'not genuine' you must have matching oembios file set, SLP in bios, and the M$ key for OEM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. KenOath

KenOath MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2010
    If your'e wanting it to just accept a "shop bought" OEM key off the pid sticker, changing the 3 digits in the setupp.ini as the second poster
    claimed, would work fine, so you're changing the "76487000" to -> "76487OEM" ...
    However, if you're wanting it to install like an OEM manufacturer's branded XP, like HP,Compaq or whatever,with activated install, then you'll also have
    to swap the 4 OEMBIOS files in the I386, with the correct one's from where the links to the oembios files are posted here on the forum, plus the setupp.ini
    edit as mentioned, you wont need to change the pidgen.dll or anything else as they're the same, retail to OEM, then just make the ISO bootable
    again, find yourself a download of a program called "CDIMAGEUI" , it repacks the XP CD back to STD form, making it bootable as well, if you like,
    I could also give you the .ini file I use for cdimageui, with all defaults set, so just open the program & press the "start image creation" button is
    all you'd have to do...