[Review & Giveaway/Contest 5 licenses] WinRAR V.5.30 Latest!

Discussion in 'Giveaways and Contests' started by sid_16, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    #1 sid_16, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    1st. I would like to thank Ms. Angela Weiske of WinRAR Marketing Team for sponsoring MDL 5 free licenses of WinRAR 5.30 ($33.35 each).

This contest starts from 6th. Dec. and will end on 16th. Dec.2015

WinRAR is compression software developed by RARLab, it is widely considered as one of the best archiving software available in the market.
    [​IMG]
    RARLabs is best known for its proprietary “.RAR” file format which is widely used for archiving purpose it was released on March 1993. RAR file format was developed by Eugene Roshal (RAR stands for Roshal ARchive) is licensed by “win.rar GmbH” which is official publisher for RARLAB products and handles support, marketing and sales related to WinRAR and www.rarlab.com.
    Apart from creating RAR and ZIP archives it also able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, XZ, Z archives.

Comparing to ZIP file format, RAR offers a number of advanced features over ZIP, like more convenient multipart (multivolume) archives, AES-128 encryption , better compression ratio, multimedia and text modes, can repair an archive even in case of physical data damage and a few valuable improvements.

Although being a shareware product valued at $ it is very popular among users as the benchmark compression software despite various other similar products present including various freewares. They also have mobile version for Android 6.0 and higher (Link: Shareware).
    RARLabs also offer products (Command Line Interface) for Linax, Free BDS and MacOS X.

RARlabs has released the latest version WinRAR 5.30 on 24 November 2015 which include various updates and bug fixes (Read Here)
    [​IMG]
    WinRAR salient features:

• WinRAR supports archiving of files from 20KB up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size.
    • "Wizard" mode helps users for instant access to the basic archiving functions.
    • WinRAR uses one of the most potent encryption available AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 256 bits.
    • WinRAR can multivolume archives.
    • Even physically damaged archives can be reconstruct with Recovery record and recovery volume feature
    • Graphic interactive interface and command line interface both are available.
    • Password protection for archive files.

WinRAR have a very simple explorer like graphical interface which makes it very user friendly and easy to use. It gives user various menu options but among them most important are “Commands” and

“Tools” menu. [​IMG]

You can see all the functions available in Commands Menu in the above screenshot. User can check integrity of any archive through “Test archive files” command, through “"Extract without confirmation" command selected archive files can be be extracted to the current folder or to the default folder for extracted files, user can add comment to any archive via "Add archive comment" command. "Protect archive from damage" command help to create recovery volumes, user need enter a number of .rev files to create, he/she may also append a percent character to this parameter, in such case the number of creating .rev files will be equal to this percent taken from the total number of RAR volumes. "Lock archive" command gives user option to prevent accidental modification for important archives.

[​IMG]

Tools menu too offers very important functions, some worth to mention are "Scan archive for viruses" command unpacks one or several archives to temporary folder and checks contents of this folder with a third party virus scanner, which must be installed on a user's computer. In the archive management mode it processes only the currently opened archive, in the file management mode all archives found in selected files and folders will be processed. "Repair archive" command considers selected files or opened archive as corrupt archives and attempts to repair them. If an archive is already self-extracting, using "Convert archive to SFX" command user may also remove an already existing SFX module from archive. In such case WinRAR does not touch the original archive and creates a new archive with the same contents, but without self-extracting module. Through "Benchmark" command user can compare performance of RAR compression algorithm on different computers.

[​IMG]
    Wizard help users to unpack an archive create new archive or add files to already existing archive through tutorial like dialog based step by step procedure.

Settings option
    Settings options is accessible through menu “Options”-à”Settings”
    [​IMG]
    WinRAR provides 7 types of settings options to fulfill customization needs of any kind of users. These prime settings with features are :

General: - It provides quite a few customizations related to interface, system, archive history, toolbar and creating log files.
    [​IMG]

Compression: - Compression setting offer customization related to optimization of archiving like creating compression profile or defining volume size. User can also preset “Default folder for archives” and “Default folder for extracted files” all of archiving activities here at once.

Paths: - Here user can define “Folder for temporary files” and” Start-up folder” for faster archiving operation.
    File list: - It gives user modifying viewing setting through customizing options like “List type”, “List style”, Files” and “Selection”.

[​IMG]
    Viewer: - This option offer user to set choice of viewer as per their needs from four available criteria like “Internal viewer”, “External viewer”, “Associated program” and “Ask”(ask for desired viewer type each time after pressing Enter).

Security: - Here user can define file types deemed harmful which will not open by program. Also as additional security measure user can set when to wipe temporary files as well as turning on or off virus scanner.
    Integration: - This option is very important as it gives user to associate WinRAR as default viewer for various file types; here user can also set a few parameters related to “interface” and “shell integration”.

Conclusion: - WinRAR is a very capable compression program, archiver, assistant, extractor, manager and even a basic file explorer. It achieves very good compression level in most cases with its proprietary .RAR file archiving technology. It provides best industry standard archiving utilities in a single package. The only criticism is that it cannot create archives other than .ZIP, .RAR and new .RAR5 which is bit frustrating in keeping in mind WinRAR standards. Overall WinRAR is a top of the line archiving program with a bright future.

Review by
    Arim.

The details.
    To participate in this contest for WinRAR VERSION 5.30:

1. You have to be a registered member with
    30 post counts and spent at least 3 months on our forum.

• You must use your real IP address to enter the giveaway.
    • If you enter the giveaway using a proxy or VPN we will assume that you've other account/s & You Will Be Disqualified.
    • I reserve the right to change the rule if it is needed at any time.
    • One post per one user is allowed.
    • Please avoid posting here if you don't need it.
    • If you like this contest please consider liking the WinRAR Facebook page
    • The contestant/s are requested to note down the start and end date of this contest to avoid future inconvenience.
    • Read the original post thoroughly as it contains all the information necessary to post a valid entry.
    • Those entries not meeting the giveaway requirements will not be considered valid and will be omitted.

Most important note to remember;

WinRAR will need the following data in order to create the personalized licenses of the winner/s:
    Registered to:

• Last Name:
      First Name:
      Company: (optional)
      Street:
      City:
      E-Mail:
    If you trust me sending your personal details/information, you're welcome.

2. This contest starts from 6th. Dec. and will end on 16th. Dec.2015
    Winners will be randomly selected using RANDOM.ORG on 16th. December 2015.

• The winner/s will respond to the winning PM within 4 days (96 hours) or the win will be void.

If you agree with the terms & conditions written above, you're welcome!

[​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Sid.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    #2 sid_16, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    (OP)
    The Giveaway/contest has ended now!
    [h=2][/h]
    The valid entries for this competition are;
    1.KenanK
    2.cengizhan
    3.idmanager
    4.Mr.X
    5.GezoeSloog
    6. apologized
    7.Phairat
    8.tomay3000
    9.toffee
    10.gabb
    11.Zardoc
    12.Joe C
    13.gnugeek
    14.Chibi ANUBIS
    15.kazzkazz
    16.adric
    17.potjevleesch
    18.Dark Knight
    19.Zamber
    20.wk-952
    21.bjorn96
    22.Bio Hazard
    23.l30
    24.ppu
    25.kimvn
    26.sanjose
    27. acetone802000
    28.tomson
    29.The Dev
    30.Michaela Joy
    31.LastWords
    32.dudeluv
    33.mugurelu
    34.Threat
    35.Wulff
    36.trungpt
    37. Opus
    38.un user
    39.azlvda
    40.jasoos
    41. heartbrake
    42.oliverjia
    43.vijay6672
    44.david_xross_2
    45.OldMX
    46.pepinek
    47. venu
    48. psi
    49.calpo
    50.Yasser Da Silva
    51.ratzlefatz
    52.sureshabhi777
    53.dudedroid

The winners are in random order;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KenanK

KenanK MDL Junior Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Count me in :rolleyes:

4. cengizhan

cengizhan MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    i will be happy to use winrar. count me!

5. aziz0170

aziz0170 MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2011
    #5 aziz0170, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
    Count me in
    please :clap:

DISQUALIFIED ENTRY DUE TO LOW POSTS.

6. idmanager

idmanager MDL Junior Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Count me in :biggrin:

7. icebits

icebits MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2008
    #7 icebits, Dec 5, 2015
    this is good software, count me in, thanks

Invalid entry.

8. Freeman_0406

Freeman_0406 MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2015
    #8 Freeman_0406, Dec 5, 2015
    This is a goodie please count me in :clap:

Invalid entry.

9. camachousa

camachousa MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2013
    #9 camachousa, Dec 5, 2015
    Good Software, Count me in

Invalid entry.

10. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Thanks. Count me in.

11. Sklipnott

Sklipnott MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2015
    #11 Sklipnott, Dec 5, 2015
    Thanks. Count me in.

Disqualified from this competition- due to low posts.

12. GezoeSloog

GezoeSloog knows a guy, who knows another guy.

Feb 10, 2012
    Count me in.

13. apologized

apologized MDL Addicted

Nov 29, 2012
    as always : In ;)

14. Phairat

Phairat MDL Member

Feb 19, 2014
    #14 Phairat, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    Count me in, Thank.

15. ecsjjgg

ecsjjgg MDL Novice

May 21, 2007
    #15 ecsjjgg, Dec 5, 2015
    Plese count me infor this giveaway!

DISQUALIFIED

16. tomay3000

tomay3000 MDL Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Count me in please ;)

17. toffee

toffee MDL Senior Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Thanks for this giveaway! :clap:

18. gabb

gabb MDL Junior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Count me in :biggrin:

19. Zardoc

Zardoc MDL Addicted

Feb 7, 2008
    I would appreciate that you count me in. :tasty:

20. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Please count me in