Rewrite DMI in BIOS for Toshiba Equium M50-244 laptop

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by skakalec, Jan 15, 2013.

1. skakalec

skakalec MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2013
    Hello,
    Firstly sorry if my topic is not on the right place I'm pretty new here and know this is not an excuse...

So, I'll appreciate any help how to update or rewrite DMI on my Toshiba Equium M50-244 laptop.

This is the story:
    I decided to upgrade the processor of this notebook ( Toshiba Equium M50-244) from Celeron 360 to PentiumM 755 with hope I'll give to my old laptop further couple of years. I'm using WinXP SP3 on this laptop. For my bad when it starts the CPU work just like in power save mode - with multiplier 6x instead of 20x and on 600Mhz instead of 2Ghz. So, I wrote to Toshiba service and they said "Problem is that after CPU upgrade you will have runtime problems. Why? CPU is not matching the DMI (Detailed Machine Info) which is written in the BIOS. And you will have to rewrite that, but how you can do this? You will not be able to use CPUs full speed."

Long story short - is there any way, any possibility, to rewrite or update DMI in BIOS.
    Really, you are my last hope to bring back to life this laptop!

Any clue and any help are highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Plamen

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    i believe u need a CPU microdode update... post a request in bios mods thread.
    i myself dont know exactly what to do.

3. skakalec

skakalec MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2013
    Thank you for the answer!
    I've already posted in the BIOS mod forum. After that I've tried and opened my BIOS by Phоenix BIOS editor. I'm not familiar with bios editor but it seems to me that this bios has many hidden options. So if you unlock for me this hidden options I'll be very grateful!

Thank you in advance!

Plamen

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You would be far better to wait and see if some one replies to your bios mod request.

5. skakalec

skakalec MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2013
    OK, thanks! I'll wait!

6. djkomix

djkomix MDL Novice

May 5, 2011
    hey
    i cant download this tool
    Latest DMI tool
    hXXp://203.56.127.6/site/open/partners/procare/ftpdownload/procare_tools//p2_all/DMI_USB_368.exe

link not working (i change XX to tt)

do you have?
    or maybe newer version? i have couple toshiba C50D-B and L50 with corrupt bios and serials need restore without open laptop
    p.s. i have programmer and can edit bios file but need to do thid job by tools better and easy
    tnx for reply