Rewriting BIOS information

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by BadgerJoe, Nov 3, 2013.

1. BadgerJoe

BadgerJoe MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2010
    Hi everyone and thanks in advance.
    I work in a OEM refurb facility which I won't name and we are having some issues with BIOS information after we replace the motherboard.
    When we replace a mainboard, we have to enter the system information (serial number, product number etc) into the BIOS, The problem we are having is that the on-site "software support engineers" are pretty worthless and the software they have provided does not work.
    What I am looking for is something that will let us enter all the information ourselves without having to use their software. They say it is almost impossible to find software that will do what we need to do and they have to write it on case by case basis. I say they are full of crap and there is something available and they just saying to make it seem like they are indispensable.
    So is there something available that will do the job or are the "engineers" correct.

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    each OEM has a special DMi tool for it.. so they are somewhat right.
    HP uses mostly NBDMIFit

3. BadgerJoe

BadgerJoe MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2010
    Thank you for that information, the "engineers" are very tight lipped about anything having to do with what they do or what software they use for anything.
    Do you know where I may find the software you mentioned? It seems that the newly released systems are not able to run the DMI correctly, and have not been for at least a year now.

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #4 LatinMcG, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    look for bios branding tools .. NBDMIFIT is at SLP marker tool thread

dells is usually asset tag tool.. but newer systems need diferent tool.
    i havent done many of these so im short on answer

checkout FD44 editor from dev coderush sig