right click 'send to' not working

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by k9mom, Dec 30, 2011.

1. k9mom

k9mom MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2011
    have a problem. running xp pro, SP3. for the record, I've been working on this problem for 2 days, and have tried everything I can find on the net, including this site. When I right click, lets say, on a jpg file, the typical menu comes open. All options are listed and are working correctly, with the EXCEPTION of 'send to'. If I even put my cursor over the 'send to' the computer freezes for a bit, and then resumes, but the 'send to' menu never does appear. I've tried lots of fixes and tweaks and still no luck. HELP!

2. k9mom

k9mom MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2011
    thanks for the reply. I do appreciate it. I'm getting help from a friend. I did try your suggestions to no avail. We can consider this thread closed. Happy New Year.

3. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Seriously, "thread closed" you don't even want to post back your solution if you find one so the next person can find their way through.
    Consider it. You could actually help some one else.

Peace out

4. k9mom

k9mom MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2011
    I'm sorry. I most certainly will post back if/when I get a permanent fix. I thought I was doing the right thing by closing the thread so I wouldn't waste your time. My apologies. I will post back as soon as I get a fix. Thanks again for all of your trouble.

5. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Thanks..:biggrin:

There is no giving in sacrafice and there is no sacrafice in giving.

I wish you the best and a very Happy New Year to you also.

6. bk-ks

bk-ks MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2012
    I found some answers in another forum, i am sure it might be useful here. here is a summary of the different solutions mentioned by users in that forum.
    1) Shell extensions which has been created by software programs in "send-to" menu could be a problem.

2) Get hold of ShellExView (Google it). The ShellExView utility displays the details of shell extensions installed on your computer, and allows you to easily disable and enable each shell extension. Once you've loaded it up, sort the company names (this will mean that all Microsoft ones are grouped together so you can easily avoid them) and disable ALL (yes, ALL) of the NON Microsoft ones. Now... check to see if your SendTo issue still happens. Enable the disabled shell extensions one-by-one, testing the crash as you go, until it crashes again. By this process of elimination you'll find out precisely what's causing your crash. I hope this helps you all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...