right clicking does not show option to run as administrator

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jpnstudent, Sep 17, 2010.

1. jpnstudent

jpnstudent MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2010
    Just as the title says. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and my account is an administrator account. For some reason, when I right click anything, it doesn't show me the option to "run as administrator" for any program. I tried turning of UAC and it still didn't work. Also, pressing CTRL+SHIFT and clicking has no response whatsoever. I am at a loss for what to do, any suggestions?

Thanks

2. jpnstudent

jpnstudent MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2010
    whoops I'm sorry, I seem to have posted this to the wrong forum, can an admin please move this to the windows 7 forum for me?

3. randomboy

randomboy MDL Junior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Reinstall...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. titian

titian MDL Junior Member

Sep 22, 2009
    This may be some help,but as randomboy says a reinstall may be best.

For some program icons, the Run as administrator option is not available on the shortcut menu. For these program icons, follow these steps:

Right-click the icon that you use to run the program, and then click Properties. On the Shortcut tab, the Target box contains the location and the name of the program file.

Open the folder that contains the program file.
    Right-click the program file, and then click Run as administrator.If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

If you must run a program as an administrator, you may want to set up the program so that you automatically run it as an administrator. To do this, follow these steps:

Right-click the icon that you use to run the program, and then click Properties.
    On the Compatibility tab, click to select the Run this program as an administrator check box, and then click OK.

The Compatibility tab is not available for some program icons. For these program icons, follow these steps:
    Right-click the icon that you use to run the program, and then click Properties. On the Shortcut tab, the Target box contains the location and the name of the program file.
    Open the folder that contains the program file.
    Right-click the program file, and then click Properties.
    On the Compatibility tab, click to select the Run this program as an administrator check box, and then click OK.