rollback from win 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by bobthejoiner, Aug 9, 2015.

1. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    so I had win 7 ultimate 64 genuine.then I upgraded to win 10.rolled back because of probs to win 7 again now my win is not genuine anymore.to cut a long story short Microsoft say I have to purchase new key.any help guys?

2. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    I ran WAT.then run windows loader v2.2.2.unsupported partition error any help pls?

3. Durga

Durga MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Please don't cut the long story short. I'd love to hear all the details and suspect others would too.

Anyone know of any similar cases happening?

4. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    #5 bobthejoiner, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    (OP)
    the long story is.i wanted to give win 10 a go so I reserved my copy.automatically dled from win updates when it was ready.then did my upgrade about an hour later I had win 10 activated and running fine I thought great set up my desktops tested a few apps I was happy.turned off pc went to bed.next day I turn on pc.now I have no usb support.no mouse no keyboard nothing.so I plug in old 1980s keyboard non usb.I get some input.tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling win 10.also updating drivers win says I have the newest.still no solution.by the way my motherboard is maximus iv gene gen3,asus rog.so then I get the option to roll back to my win 7 ultimate.so I thought ill try that and maby try win 10 later.i roll back now its not genuine.got online help from ms first guy disconnected when hard questions asked.second attempt the guy remoted my pc found my oem key said it was blocked then disconnected.third time disconnected me when he blamed my motherboard for prob and I said it was rollback from ms software that caused the prob.then 2 tries on hold on phone to ms totalling 2 an a half hours and not speaking to any one.then I tried call back from ms.got a lady told her my key which the earlier guy had found when he was remoting my pc.she again said it was blocked and she wasn't allowed to give me replacement key.said I could purchase one for 40 dollars.so I went to overclockers uk forums.then I got advised to come here.thanks bobo_Ops now win 7 activated with wat then loader v2.2.2

5. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Are you sure the Win 7 was genuine ?

If you fancy win 7 back. Download a Win 7 image and install.

Do nothing else and check to see if the BIOS holds SLIC2.1 or not.

If so either make your own OEM image. Or use Daz's loader. If the SLIC2.1 is in the BIOS all the loader will do is add the correct CERT and KEY.

If there is no SLIC2.1 Still use Daz's loader.
    In the long term though if there is no SLIC2.1 you could think about flashing the BIOS.

You could think about messing on a separate HDD then no files are lost, till your ready to do a final install.

Hope this helps..

6. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    yeah im sure my win was legit been updating for over 2 years and when I went to win 10 no activation probs.also when speaking to ms never did they say it was not legit.just saying my mb was now blocking it.sorry I don't know what slic.1 is.i have now used windows loader v2.2.2 to get my win 7 to work does this matter.not sure about flashing bios either.i feel like ms robbed me and thres nothing I can do.will examine my bios later see if I can find slic.1 or 2.where do I look for it?thanks bob.

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    you just need the proper key and cert for your oem system to get it back to genuine. Loader will install them for you without installing itself.

8. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008

Once you have run Daz's loader it will always show SLIC2.1 is in the BIOS. That's what it does. Best done on a totally fresh install.

So your Win 7 is back up and running fine ? That's good.

From what I remember this is a custom PC, home made ?
    It would have to have been a retail copy of Windows 7 or Daz's loader was used in the first place.

If it was me. I would do a couple of things.

Seeing Win 10 was upgraded to I would download a Win 10 image and install the right version and test if it can be activated.

Seeing Win 10 was upgraded to I would do a fresh install of Win 7 to be sure to be rid of all Win 10 files etc.
    But that is just me.

9. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    so do you think my windows is legit again I thought loader was some kind of crack?yeah custom pc too

10. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    To call the loader a crack is unfair to the loader.
    If you have no retail disc I would go out on a limb and say it was the loader working on your system.
    I have read reports of Win 10 being upgraded while the loader was working.

Any way..i am glad to catch your here. You can see why talk like this is NOT allowed over on that other forum.

Your Windows is as legit as its ever going to get.

I prefer the BIOS modding way myself but the loader is the easiest way and seeing Win 7 will soon become old hat your probably better of sticking with it.

11. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    no, it simply adds the certificate and key that OEM's put into the machine. IF your machine was OEM build with say Windows 7 Home Premium. You install Home Premium on it, run loader and it will install the key for your OEM e.g. asus or whoever and the appropriate cert to go with it. Loader has no need to install itself then.

But you would need to install the proper edition of Win7 to get it back to original. You can find that on your COA sticker, it will say Win7 Home or Pro etc.

12. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    yeah thanks tnx.your a star.my pc wants to upgrade every restart to win 10.might just let it do it again see what happens.thanks again your a life saver.might even read a bit about bios had a look at mine.dont think I was in the right place.pressed f8 on start up.it brought up asus rog settings?

13. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    @efa11 sorry don't have sticker.thanks

14. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Glad to be some sort of help..

To be honest I would not bother updating. Go for the direct fresh install. Win 10 is on the forums to download. A nice clean proper M.Soft image.
    Or use the Media creation Toll to get an image.
    Seeing you have updated once already your machines is in the M.Soft servers and it will\should activate all by it's self.
    No need to enter any KEY, just skip all those bits.

If you do, it maybe an idea to check for SLIC2.1
    Tried to find the tool for this, but it has been that long I can not find the page..Will look harder.

15. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    tbh only updating cause im curious about win 10.the only thing is all those tiles with adverts.just like the xboxs.right at the start menu so you cant miss them.if I do change I think a clean install will be what I choose.need my ssd cleaned of clutter anyway..

16. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Shame you have not tried Win 8.1.

Maybe you should try this first.
    Win 10 is giving me headache with all the spying talk going on but there are some very good threads on this matter.

As for the tiles. Simply right click and un-pin from start is all that's needed.

When I install Win 8.1 that's one of the first things I do. Un Pin all the tiles there, ready for me to Pin my own apps and stuff.

17. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    even though he had
    if he had slic 2.1 loader would still have installed oem:slp key and certificate.

18. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    slic says dump error!( rsd ptr not found!)should I refresh it?