ROMID is not compatible AMI BIOS

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by cingularv551, Dec 1, 2010.

1. cingularv551

cingularv551 MDL Junior Member

Oct 11, 2009
    i've been trying to flash the bios to an ECS P4M800PRO-M Ver 2.0 motherboard. but i am getting a Rom file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID error message each time. i've tried using both afudos and afuwin with the same result.

both afuwin & afudos report that the ROMID stored inside the bios flash chip is P4M800PR and the ROMID inside the bios file i want to flash is 12345123. i've tried using the bios flash files from the ecs website and all of them report as a romid of 12345123.

i've also used afudos and afuwin to dump the current bios in the flash chip to disk. but when i reread the flash file with afudos & afuwin, i get told that the romid inside is 12345123.

anyone have ideas how to proceed?

2. cingularv551

cingularv551 MDL Junior Member

Oct 11, 2009
    #2 cingularv551, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
    (OP)
    from the command line, i ran "afudos myfile.rom /x". this bypassed the romid check and successfully updated the bios.

it appears that afudos was looking in the wrong location inside the romfile on the disk for the ROMID. afudos still reports the romid is P4M800PR after the bios update.

i've bricked a couple motherboards with the /x ignore romid option before. so make very sure that you have the right bios file before you flash. if unsure, you can dump your current bios chip from afudos with the /o option. this will allow you to modify the exisiting bios to insert a slic and then reflash it back to the motherboard.

3. klaw17

klaw17 MDL Novice

May 20, 2014
    Thanks for your suggestion to flashing this bios, I have just got hold of one of these old motherboards. I had the same problem, I managed to flash the bios with 070830s.ROM
    Thanks again.