Router TP-Link TD-W8901G

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by laboanto, Nov 17, 2013.

1. laboanto

laboanto MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2013
    After a failed firmware update of my device (TD-W8901G) I am getting only the power light on, all other lights are off and i cannot connect to my router. I heard about something like FTP mode, where i can upload the right firmware file to my device and make it get updated, but i dont know how to do it. any help would be appreciated. I see on the router pcb connector J3 should be to the serial port but I can not understand what are the signals this TX, RX and VCC.
    Many Thanks Antony.

2. THING0L

THING0L MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2013
    I have the same problem o_O

3. laboanto

laboanto MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2013
    I found it on openwrm the procedure to identify the pins and their signals. I note with the multimeter voltage 3.3 v at one point, which is marked with a square, in point 2 and point 4, while point three is GND. Then I made​​, as the site says, even the test using a diode led, and I verified that connecting point 1, the LED lights with light intensity at step two does not light up, lights up brighter in step 4.
    As a result I have the following signals: point 1-TX, 2-RX, 3-GND, 4-VCC. I would appreciate confirmation of the correctness of the thesis, and possibly if you can have the procedure to be performed with Hyperterminal.
    Best Regards. Antony

P.S. Use null-modem cable