RT7 lite help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by videobruce, Dec 8, 2013.

1. videobruce

videobruce MDL Junior Member

Feb 16, 2013
    #1 videobruce, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Since the RT7 forum is dead, for members that are familiar with the program, I have a few questions (since there is no real documentation available);

1. I can't get the 'last session' to 'stick'. I have the inf file in the directory where the O/S will be mounted, I choose that, but when I advance to the next screen, nothing shows that was previously changed. What's wrong?
    2. The 'Features Removal' screen, I assume the right side is a list of what you want to work or keep. That in turn kinda protects the left removal side from removing needed functions. Is that correct?
    3. In the 'Tweaks' screen, the 'Explorer' tab, the choices of 'default or 'enable', how are you suppose to know what mode the "default" state is in? Why no 'remove'?
    4. In the 'Log' screen, the choices 'Rebuild all images' and 'optimize boot.wim & install.wim' are grayed out. Why?
    5. In the 'Customizations' screen under the 'More options', what is a spwizimg.dll file for the setup background and can 'Anolis Resourcer' change it??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I haven't used RT7 Lite in several years, but at the time the home website had FAQs and tutorials. I stopped using RT7 Lite for a variety of reasons, one being it was just a slow PITA to get anything done. And then there were the bugs that never seemed to get fixed.

I never visited the forums since I could make it work for my simple needs. But if the forum is dead, that sounds like a clue to me. Other integration methods are often mentioned on this forum so you might want to search here and see what you can find. I no longer integrate anything. I simply got time of having to go back through the process after every patch Tuesday ... if not sooner. Now days I install an untouched OS gotten via a link provided here and run Windows Update. After that, the user is responsible for installation of programs and later updates.

3. videobruce

Feb 16, 2013
    #4 videobruce, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    (OP)
    They were vary vague and basic. They didn't really help much.
    I don't use this to add anything.
    I use it to remove the bloat, streamline the actual install process (bypass the OOBE), tweak the settings that are harder to tweak afterwards, namely the registry settings.
    May I ask why you said that? I never even heard of this SevenUA. I see it's been out since '09. I wish I knew this 4 months ago. :mad:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Regardless of how you use the program, you're still using the program. Yep, the website was not a whole lot of help. That just meant I'd have to master RT7 Lite all by myself which I did over time. It still was a PITA,clunky, buggy and a waste of my time.

5. videobruce

Feb 16, 2013
    But, I was not aware of anything better.