RT7 Lite: unable to load "last session" & unable to load from a folder

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by videobruce, Jan 5, 2014.

1. videobruce

videobruce MDL Junior Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Running V2.6b I can not load a "lastsession.inf". I check the "load last session settings", then choose the file, hit Ok. Nothing. I check the "Task" tab, but it didn't take, nothing changed.

Does it matter where this file is located?
    Does it have to be in the folder where RT7 was installed?
    Does if have to be in either of the folders created after the initial loading?
    Does the name of the file matter, can it be changed?

The other question, if I choose to load a folder, when I check which edition I want, I get a error about a wrong version (or similar). I can only load a .iso file. Whats' up with that?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. videobruce

Feb 16, 2013
    #3 videobruce, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    (OP)
    Feedback there is severely lacking if you get any at all.
    In the first sub-forum only 9 out of 20 posts on the 1st page received a reply. And many of those replies are either someone else with the same problem or the OP finding the answer.
    Lastly, I see no where to login. :confused:

In other words; a dead end and useless forum. I've seen more support here which is why I asked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    RT7 has become an unsupported program. Seems they had to many problems and gave up on it. I have used it a bit and had to wing it on how to use it. It did what I ask it to but was very slow in doing it.
    Why do you want to load the last session anyway?

5. videobruce

Feb 16, 2013
    #5 videobruce, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    (OP)
    Simple. I don't have to spend 15-30 minutes looking at each and every entry to see if I want to change it. I wish I had a dollar for every entry that I missed, every time I went through the long process.
    If I have a idea what/where a problem is, or I forgot to set something (see above), it's only a few that I have to look for. The option to set services to Black Vipers settings is a huge plus that nLite didn't have.

With over 200 "views" of this thread, it's obvious there is still interest in the program.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I don't know if anyone will be able to for fill your requirements you were already advised to go to MSFN and talk to my M8 Maxxpsoft's about SevenUA but all he got was grief
    and your reply
    :(
    Stick with SevenUA I does take a bit of effort but at the end of the day you will see results there is no one click solution for what you require.

7. videobruce

Feb 16, 2013
    Replies like that are a good reason interest died.

8. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    LOL...I was just curious who the hack is still using this unsupported software?

It's like trying to activate Windows 7 with RemoveWAT? :D

9. videobruce

Feb 16, 2013
    Support with the others doesn't win any awards either.

10. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    Condescending remarks to people that try to help will not win you any awards either.:punish:

11. videobruce

Feb 16, 2013
    A. Nothing stated was "condescending". The "others" was referring to the other programs and
    B. What help, I still never got an answer from weeks ago being that last to post in that thread.

12. mackrack5

mackrack5 MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2010
    I am using version 1.7 without any problem.(Os-Windows 7 Professional x64)

After checking load Last Session Setting -Browse Last Session file -then OK.Then Select Task.
    I just use it to integrate Updates.

13. videobruce

Feb 16, 2013
    Thanks for the helpful reply unlike the otherunnecessary static.

Due to the lack of detailed instructions, there is a delay after checking the check box, when you go to the task page it doesn't appear it took. It's not until you check all (or whatever you want to change) then go to the features removal tab and open the categories up do you see that it did take.

Selecting an action with any software should produce some immediate feedback that it registered with the program without waiting for some response. Did it work? Did I do something wrong? Did the program lock up?

RT Seven Lite is a great program, but as with so many others, it lacks detailed instructions. Expecting one to be a mind reader is wrong. It's too bad the creator abandoned further development without passing his work on to someone else. :mad:

14. videobruce

Feb 16, 2013
  15. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Yep, and that's a clue...

16. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    I think this topic has run it's coarse

:closed: