Run full screen app in window

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Stannieman, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Hi,
    I have a program (the codebook on cd-rom) that always runs in full screen. Is it possible to run it in a window without a virtual pc? Cause it's extremely irritating to press the winkey everytime I want to use an other app.
    Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Does ALT/ENTER not work?

If you want to try a software solution, try the app in the attachment.

I use it mainly for old stuff like Starcraft, but it has a pretty good generic patcher mode too.

Be sure to copy the two MSVC files from the MSVC Files folder into the appdir!

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Thanks, but none of the 3 modes work, alt+enter doesn't work, and adding the -window switch to the shortcut also doesn't work.
    It says "Unable to start remote in-process server."

4. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    When it says that, just try again.

I get that message quite often the first time i run Starcraft but it always seems to work on the 2nd try.

Try to play around with the settings too.

If none of that helps im afraid im out of ideas too...