Running a PC repair shop

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by i3one21, Aug 17, 2011.

1. i3one21

i3one21 MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2010
    I help fix peoples computers and most of the time it's easiest to reinstall windows. I was wondering how computer repair stores reinstall windows legitimately. Do they use the product key from the sticker? I have tried using the sticker number before but it doesn't work most of the time. I would like to reinstall windows in a legit way for them.

I wasn't sure where to post this; I hope this section is okay.

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Also location has something to do with that. Where I live, software piracy isn't very high in the government's list-to-deal-with things. Pretty much left unattended :D

And people seem to enjoy that freedom. Including small computer shop owners. My dad recently bought a laptop which came with all the pre-installed crap you might expect, including a copy of KIS11. Apparently, that have been activated by a Trial Reset - not very legit in my opinion. The Windows copy was legit though :p

Since we probably don't reside within the same country, I d suggest that you take the right path and be legit as a shop owner in every possible way...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. beta-hunter

beta-hunter MDL Member

Dec 14, 2008
    for windows xp,i would use a nlited version of home and professional that skips oobe and inserts a "generic windows key"( DO NOT ACTIVATE! ), then once windows is installed,you use a product key finder to replace the "generic product key" with the customers product key ( NOW YOU ACTIVATE!), install time should be cut down to about 10 minutes,i know quite a few people who do this.

ps.. by nlited ,i mean a copy of windows that skips OOBE and uses predefined user and network name (EG: user=user,password=password, network= box666 ),thats all, DO NOT REMOVE ANY WINDOWS COMPONENTS!

4. lauramercier85

lauramercier85 MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2011
    Fix you PC

Many times a hard disk gets corrupted due to malware, spyware or virus attack on your pc. They can corrupt data and hard disk or make them unusable if not cured.

In regards to spyware and malware, you will need to be on your toes when it comes to the newest forms of spyware because these Spyware creators are constantly changing their applications in order to prevent detection. A good source for information about spyware removal I highly recommend on checking out which gives you the know-how on almost all aspects of spyware is called spyware-removal.org. The site’s goal is to provide the average user the ultimate anti-spyware technology to get rid of spyware in a safe and secure manner. Visit the website provided here

www removal-spyware.org/remove-wolfram-antivirus

Good luck on removing all spyware.