running out of memory

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ruili, Jun 27, 2015.

1. ruili

ruili MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2015
    Trying to diagnose a error i just started getting. Im on 10130, recently began getting an out of memory error. It shows up while I am away from the PC awhile(shows the "system" using about 2 gig when normal is about 10k). I only recently started letting windows turn off the monitor(not the HDs). I am wondering if this is it, or the newest version of vivaldi that I installed about the same time. Vivaldi is usually up when i walk away from the PC. Anyone else aware of any issues with the monitor sleeping.

2. Hlx

Hlx MDL Junior Member

May 15, 2014
    10130 is a bugged version change on 10147.

3. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    #4 WaltC, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    I've seen exactly the same thing as of late, build 10130 x64, too. This could be caused by drivers, a recent Update, or a recently installed application--I'm leaning towards a recently installed update, but that's just a maybe. Had been running 10130 fine for weeks until that happened--I've seen it twice, recently. I got the Alfred Hitchcock bluescreen...I've also upped my ram voltage by two-tenths of a volt, and I've seen no more errors--but that doesn't mean anything. Next step is to boot into safe mode and test the ram for a bit to see if anything obvious shows up there...Both times the error hit it was shortly after boot up & when I was running Firefox DE x64...but I don't think it was anything to do with Ff else I'd have seen it before now...

Very odd, though, as this is the first time I have ever seen that error through Win7 & Win8 installs, and several builds of Win10x64 up to now...Will let you know if I discover anything...please get back to the thread if you run across some information...!

Hold on...I just realized that you might not be getting the same error as me...I'm getting the Memory_Management bluescreen...(Exactly what the error reads)...but you seem to be getting an out of memory error...? Hmmm...this seems to indicate something's really gone flakey in this build and I'd guess it would have to be one of the updates that's caused it...We'll see!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Run a repair job and see if it helps:

How to repair Windows image:
    In ADMIN Cmd Prompt type sfc /scannow may take up to 3 times
    press enter on keyboard if this finds errors try
    In ADMIN Cmd Prompt Type
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    Press enter on keyboard, wait for it to finish, If this does not fix problem, then
    With ISO Media in CD/DVD tray: (The same media you installed image with) Type in ADMIN Cmd Prompt DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:C:\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    press enter on keyboard, wait for it to finish--C would be drive letter of your CD/DVD tray
    If this does not work, sit back, relax several options now:
    Backup copy of image
    Reset/Recovery
    Reformatt partition, install ISO again
    Hope this helps

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ruili

ruili MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2015
    My error says something like "out of memory, closing programs" but it never crashes. Looking under services i see the kernel using 1700 mb and it never recovers. Seems tied to auto shut off of monitor. I turned that back off and the issue went away. Sleeping seems broken.

6. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    You can as well enter your 'System Configuration' and disable the background running applications and disable non-Microsoft services - by selecting the little box close to 'Hide all Microsoft services'.

Note: don't forget to scan your system for malicious software.

7. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    Ok, then, different error. I ran the Windows memory diagnostic mdsched.exe and let it loop four times (lol--not nearly long enough, but I have no patience sometimes) with no problems detected. Windows also has an internal program that allows you to check device drivers for any drivers that might cause a Memory_Management error, but that came back negative. Besides, I think this is likely a Win10 kernel problem somehow...I haven't had the error again since I tweaked ram voltage (running under Intel's XMP timing configuration in UEFI @ 2133)--so at the moment all is well, but if it's kernel problem I'll see it again in the current build. Weird stuff I have no doubt Microsoft is working furiously to resolve before RTM...!

8. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    check running processes with task manager maybe you will see what is eating your memory

9. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    is usually a app or a few apps running in the back ground....run the MSI from the link i posted it will fix the error.

10. ruili

ruili MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2015
    I spoke too soon, I think its Smite. This time it said out of Video memory...

11. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    did u run the MSI tool?

12. ruili

ruili MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2015
    this doesn't seem applicable to win10, the instructions refer to non existent item in win10 registry.

13. ruili

ruili MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2015
    actually had to reimagine the instructions. I did find the values but they were as per the instructed change already.

14. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Remember whole purpose of the technical preview is to be part of the test community for Microsoft, not strictly for your own benefit. However, you do ultimately benefit through the feedback you give during testing. This is the key point, so you should provide feedback regarding this issue :).