running windows 8 release preview 4 questions

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by test004, Jun 24, 2012.

1. test004

test004 MDL Member

Oct 21, 2009
    1st of all: what does release preview mean?
    i only know alpha,beta,rtm,final
    what does release preview mean?
    2st: setup asking for product key and does not let me to skip without entering one, from where can i get one and why not letting me put it later like windows 7
    3st:from where can i get an activator like daz loader for windows 7
    4st: like i have read here windows 8 using new technology which has to do something with the bios uefi , really whats that?, does it make it uncrackable with this new technology?
    thanks in advanced

2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    1. Release Preview in this case is the same as RC. Consumer Preview would've been Beta, and I would say that Developer Preview might've been Alpha or an early Beta.
    2. This Release Preview is freely downloadable from Microsoft legally. You can get the key if you Google for the official Microsoft download page, too.
    3. No activator necessary. This isn't RTM, the key will activate it, although it should expire in January 2013 or something like that.
    4. Uncrackable - what's that? Won't know for sure until the RTM is released and people attempt to crack it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SuperBubble

SuperBubble MDL Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...