Running with WAT removed and installing SP1

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SloppyGoat, Jan 18, 2011.

1. SloppyGoat

SloppyGoat MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    Obviously, installing SP1 is going to be a problem for those of us who have removed WAT, if it's going to install KB971033, and that does indeed appear to be in the list. Is there a way around this? Like perhaps reinstalling WAT before installing SP1 and then uninstalling it afterward? Removing WAT and just not installing KB971033 has been the best, most reliable way for me. I'd hate to have to use a loader. I'm just not a fan of loaders. Suggestions? Forgive me if there has already been one posted. I did some searching, but did not find exactly what I was looking for, perhaps because it's just not going to be possible. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I'm betting it's not going to be good.

2. EarlZ

EarlZ MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    #2 EarlZ, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
    I also installed SP1 w/o knowing that the KBxxx1033 is there, I havent tried reinstalling WAT yet since Im doing some rendering on my PC, anyone tried reinstalling WAT after this or are there any work around aside from resorting back to loaders?

EDIT:

Heres what I did on my end, I uninsatlled KB970133 and restored the WAT by running remove WAT and choose restore, reboot PC and run remove WAT again and this time select remove WAT and reboot, its back and activated!

3. EarlZ

EarlZ MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Sorry for brining this thread back up,

There is a display on my screen that my windows is not genuine I've used the remove WAT after installing SP1 and this started to come back just yesterday.. any tips for this ?

4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. EarlZ

EarlZ MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    #5 EarlZ, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
    Bios mod for SLIC2.1? I someone on this forum made that for me, I believe im still running his bios but im not 100% sure, how can do i quick check ?

EDIT:

Ran Uninstall on REMOVE WAT and also WAT fix form daz, running his loader now and it shows uder details as HPQOEM (07/19/07) v2.1
    I guess im still running the SLIC 2.1 bios that was made for me on this forum, what tool can I use if I go the non loader way and have my windows activated ?

6. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    As you have SLIC 2.1 Daz loader will juss insertion the corresponding cert to match your SLIC. It will also add a product key but it will NOT install the loader because its not needed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    To add to that make sure the system passes as genuine before hand (Trial). It's just that if there's any faults with the files and the application installs the certificate and serial and it doesn't pass as activated then the loader will be installed.

The easiest solution is to check all your files and services are in order by looking at an MGADiag report.

8. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    can you explain your reason for disliking loaders? if your concern is about issues or getting detected, the likelyhood of that is far far less and practically impossible with using a loader compared to what I call "ghetto hacks"; which is removing WAT...
    the fact that you posted this thread is evident that remove WAT have issues, whereas using a loader or BIOS mod doesn't for the most part

I'm really interested in knowing why there are lots of remove WAT fans still, so hopefully you can bring light to this question :)

9. EarlZ

EarlZ MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    When I reverted back to trial, I went to the genuine checker site and installed the required components and I passed up as genuine and didnt thave the water mark at the bottom anymore, also on the next tabs of your application it showed "HP" on all of the tabs so Im guessing it detected everything right and inserted whatever was needed :D

10. bozzman

bozzman MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2011
    need help got the 971033 on auto up date it has messed up my lap top big time

try to open wat remover the icon appears on my desk top for 3 seconds then the msoft guy slipped a mickey in the sys and wipes the prog off my pc dam balck desk top help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!