RW-Everything Freezes/Locks-up Vostro 1510

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by xscess, Aug 13, 2011.

1. xscess

xscess MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2009
    So far I have tried RW-Everything 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.4.9, 1.5 (installed) and 1.4.9.7, 1.5.7 (portable) versions. Everytime I try to run (right click run as admin) Vostro 1510 freezes/locks-up immediately.

This is happening on a fresh installation of Windows 7 32bit, though before formatting & installing Windows 7 I tried RW-Everything on Windows XP and the same thing was happening then too.

If I remove RW.ini and run it, first I get "Initial file not found" error and clicking OK will bring "Access violation at address 00500538 in module rw.exe. Read of address 000000C0." and then "Access violation at address 005450E1 in module rw.exe. Read of address 00000000." errors but program will open.

But when I click "ACPI" icon or "Access" -> "ACPI Tables", an error pops up "Abnormal program termination" and RW-Everything exits.

I'm trying to generate RW Report to use with Phoenix SLIC Tool 1.90. Though a how-to-use guide says that, "You do not need an RW Everything Report for DELL PHOENIX BIOS FILES", Phoenix SLIC Tool pops up an error, "You MUST specify a RW Everything report" and status displays failed. I've tried both available methods, Dynamic and SSV2.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks a lot in advance!

2. xscess

xscess MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2009
    though I was able to flash BIOS using bootable USB drive, it sounds like, SLIC is hidden in Vostro 1510 A15 bios becoz when I run SLIC Toolkit 3.2 it says " Dump Error: SLIC Table Not Found ! "

Tried to unhide SLIC with DellBiosReset-iso/DellSTCD-iso from this post with no luck.

Any help? Thanks.