RW Everything - i think its slic'd - D620

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ssvetec, Jul 30, 2009.

1. ssvetec

ssvetec MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2009
    Forgive my ignorance, but the my digital life forums is somewhat overwhelming with slic/modding/certs/keys information. A search result can dig up hundreds of results and quite frankly...it's doing my head in :eek:

Anyway, through fumbling around the forums and coming across RW Everything, according to the info i was following from an article from this very site, it appears as though my Dell D620 has a SLIC BIOS 2.1.

So now, is all i need a product key and dell cert to activate windows 7? or do I still need to do anything to the bios?

To all the people who reply back with useful information - many thanks for your patience and understanding.

Yes - I did do a search and, No, I can't seem to find the answer.

Cheers.

P.S - Am I right in observing that at the moment, the forums are REALLY overloaded with information - thus making it much more difficult to find what im looking for?

2. jas0nuk

jas0nuk MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. derausgewanderte

derausgewanderte MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jas0nuk

jas0nuk MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I don't know about Dell models. ssvetec, could you post a screenshot of the SLIC tab in RW-everything? I'll be able to tell you if its 2.1 or 2.0

5. wendy123

wendy123 Guest

#5 wendy123, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    post not needed

6. synaptic

synaptic MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    I don't think your laptop will have it... I bought a Studio 15 Desktop AND Laptop 3 June 09 and they don't have a SLIC 2.1 bios yet!

7. ssvetec

ssvetec MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2009
    whoops...i read it incorrectly. yes..i do only have slic 2.0. Question now being, should i be able to slot slic 2.1 in for my d620?

as for my d610 - RW Everything doesnt even have a SLIC tab on there for a D610 dump...does that mean i cant add slic 2.1 to the d610?

thanks for your help guys...