Ryzen and ram speed.

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Kosiaz, Jul 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kosiaz

Kosiaz MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2018
    Hi i just asking. Is any motherboard for Ryzen (b350 etc.) will work with ram 2400mhz ? Or i will have to buy 3000mhz. I heard that they had BIOS issue that cannot even start with ram that low speed.(If im asking on wrong forum tell me i really dont Know where to put this)

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Your best bet is to go the the support area for your particular motherboard and see what the manufacture recommends for your memory. 3200 mhz memory is what is recommended for most Ryzen cpu's.
    What are the specs for your board?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kosiaz

Kosiaz MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2018
    I dont have one yet thats why im asking i bought ram's and wanna buy ryzen but i heard that with not run with my ram so i asked here that there any motherboards.i dont care much about performance ryzen is still food upgrade and i seen performance i only have to Know that will run without much problems.

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #4 Joe C, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    I recently built a pc with a Ryzen 3 220G processor. I did use some GSkill 2400 memory, and I was concerned because it was not listed as compatible for that chipset/cpu. It booted up and did work, but I may have just got some dumb luck with that one. If your building a pc for gaming and or video editing then you'll need that better memory, The pc I built was just for surfing the web, email and watching you tubes. I did read someplace that the AMD cpu's will run better with better memory, that why AMD is so finicky with memory unlike Intel.

You really ought to check the memory compatibility list for your motherboard, from the boards manufacture web site

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Kosiaz

Kosiaz MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2018
    Thank you very much. Yes im going specially in gaming and video editing just litte. But i seen i know about infinity fabric(i guess that how u spell it ) your built with ryzen must have very fast ram cuz he have intergrated graphic card that shares ram i have already graphic card so i think this should be enough.Again thanks.

6. Old Fudge

Old Fudge MDL Junior Member

Aug 5, 2018
    I have a Ryzen 2200G and I'm using a 1x8 Ballistic Sport 2666 DDR4 in it.

7. lewcass

lewcass MDL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    #7 lewcass, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    I used ballistix ram that wasnt compatible and it worked fine at its stock speed.

8. Old Fudge

Aug 5, 2018
    According to my Gigabyte support list it's good.

9. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    Im waiting for a single ccx that will actually run at 2933 and on windows 7.

10. Old Fudge

Aug 5, 2018
    Mine's the fastest without OC.

11. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    #11 lewcass, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    I checked the 2200g web page because rumour has it the G's fastest supported speed was 2933 but amd says its 2400. I dont want to pay more to get ram that ryzen doesnt run without overclocking when i can get the slower for cheaper.

12. Old Fudge

Aug 5, 2018
    Really? Not 2666?

13. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
  14. Old Fudge

Aug 5, 2018
    Sorry mate, can't find where it says that.

15. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    Specifications - System Memory

16. Old Fudge

Aug 5, 2018
    Max System Memory Speed
    2993MHz

This is what I saw.

17. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    Closest crucial have to that is 3000.

18. Old Fudge

Aug 5, 2018
    But where did you see it says 2400?

19. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    Where it now says 2933 and i had my glasses on. 2400, thats why i questioned it.

20. Old Fudge

Aug 5, 2018
    Ah, so that's the change you mentioned. I should've caught on. Sorry mate. :oops:

Now why they did that hmm... o_O