[S] Windows 7 for low performance PC

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by benik3, Aug 4, 2014.

1. benik3

benik3 MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2010
    Hello there :)

I would like to ask, if there exist some edited version of windows 7 for PCs with low performance (with added some tweaks, stopped/removed things which we don't need etc).
    I saw some "gaming" editions, but I'm asking here, because I trust in this forum and in people here :worthy:

Thank you :)

2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    All legitimate versions of Windows 7 have identical needs and required machine specs. I've got it running very well on a pair of netbooks and they're about as low on the performance scale as you can get.

If you're wanting "hacked" versions, this is not the place to be looking.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. benik3

benik3 MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2010
    Not "hacked" but tweaked :)
    In most cases it means stopped not needed services, some reg tweaks etc...

Yes, I also went windows 7 on some very old computers. It's running almost like XP, but with little tweaks I think that it can be a little better :)

Or doesn't anyone know about some good guides/sites with these tweaks? So I would make my own DVD...
    I looked that there is one big thread about reg tweaks, I also googled a little but most of the "tweaks" are really stupid or not much changing anything...

4. benik3

benik3 MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2010
    Thanks! I will look on it! :)

5. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    The performance related parts are the services that are running and the policy settings.
    You can disable Windows Defender since it's useless.
    Firstly, open Windows Defender and uncheck the active protection option.
    Then go to the administrator section and disable the application.

As far as other services you can disable, I think there are print services, fax service, and maybe a few others that don't really affect performance much. You can go into the Features options in the Program Uninstall section of Control Panel.

Windows Defender would be really the only one that could even remotely affect performance, and in Win7 it doesn't actually do very much.
    I think it just schedules scans when your system is idle.