Safari for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by armadillotuff, Jul 5, 2015.

1. armadillotuff

armadillotuff MDL Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Has anyone found a Apple Safari Browser that will work on Windows 10? I was using an older version of Safari, 5.7.1 which was the last one Apple supported for Windows PC's.

I build all my laptops for students which I gift to them for free, and ask them to use Safari because it's a safer browser than IE, Google, Google Chrome. If they have to use a browser I suggest Firefox. In the 5 years of building and gifting over 450 laptops to students who couldn't afford to buy a laptop, we have had only 4 viruses on these PC's with Safari.

With Windows 10, I see Firefox as the solution, your comments are welcome.

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

next useless post, come on, ask stuff in current threads :eek:

3. armadillotuff

armadillotuff MDL Member

Feb 2, 2013
    For your information, I'm trying to build these laptops which are gifts to students, with the current software that is running on all the Dell laptops with Windows 8.1 Professional, Office 2013 and software with school and college tutorials, plus all of the Adobe Master Suite CS6 products, and I'm trying to make sure they all work on Windows 10. So far everything I loaded or installed has worked and I have seen no problems with this build. So your comments are out of order when I'm just looking for support and answers,

4. labvxe

labvxe MDL Expert

Mar 24, 2015
    Try waterfox or firefox :) I'm sorry dude but you need to post in main threads like the ones that say [DISCUSSION]. This thread is not needed and will eventually be closed
    It's just that this has been happening all day i'm getting headache looking at all the useless threads

5. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    simply consider if all of MDL members act like you at a time. Everyone opens a new thread only having an answer or a problem. Can you imagine that mess? ... I guess not though
    MDL tries to keep the board as clean as possible and everyone gets enough answers and help but if someone like you thinks he gets a royal treatment by opening a personal thread, might fail

6. armadillotuff

armadillotuff MDL Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Then explain to me what's the purpose of this Windows 10 discussion? Is only about the Iso and how to load it and test it? Or is this suppose to be all that goes along with after the install trying to see if Windows 10 will support all the functions of Windows 7, and Windows 8 upgrades, dude?

7. jmtella

jmtella MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Do not worry, this is normal in Paul. Your answers will not help anything.

I installed Safari on Windows 10, and it works. (a clean install Windows 10)

8. labvxe

labvxe MDL Expert

Mar 24, 2015
    We can answer you question in the discussion forums :) They don't just have to pertain to isos and esds. We talk about drivers, compatible software, bugs, etc :)

9. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Well, there are other ways of looking at the situation. If a thread is posted with a specific problem, and that problem is answered, and solved, it is readily seen by members. This would actually REDUCE clutter in other threads, and the same questions would not need to be asked over, and over again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. armadillotuff

armadillotuff MDL Member

Feb 2, 2013
    It seems to me this is where Windows 10 discussions should be discussed with all of us who have been using other windows software and are concerned about the upgrade to windows 10 and how the new software will impact our upgrades. I realize there are technical issues that need to be addressed, but also there are issues about how the hardware and software we are currently using will be affected with this new release. I'm not trying to be smart, but it seems this is where the discussions should be about 10.

11. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Yes, but if there are 100+ pages to read how are you going to know if your problem is addressed? If you can start a new thread with your issue, everyone will see it, and an answer will be forthcoming. Instead you ask a question, and people act as if you are an idiot for not reading a zillion pages first. So the thread gets filled with redundant questions, and makes reading it a burden. Just start a new thread, and when you have your answer mark it solved. Others can learn, and good threads will stay slim.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. crossup

crossup MDL Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Instead of focusing on browser, pre-install all the applications the students need and lock them out of Admin account. Now that Win Store will carry desktop apps as well it will be pretty difficult to get affected by viruses/malware online at least.

13. everesee

everesee MDL Senior Member

Mar 28, 2012
  14. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Safari works fine on Windows 10.

That said, there are security updates for Safari on a regular basis - for OSX. For Windows, those same holes may or may not exist, but there've been no new patches in a long time, over three years at least.

To those criticizing because of a new thread containing a question - really? I do the same from time to time, nobody ever chastised me over it. Now perhaps this question would have been more 'appropriate' in the Applications area, but if that's the case a mod can move it.

15. labvxe

labvxe MDL Expert

Mar 24, 2015
    Safari isn't even supported on windows anymore.... It dropped support for windows a long. Long. Long. Time ago

16. Xtreem

Xtreem MDL Junior Member

Mar 2, 2008
    #16 Xtreem, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    It's not more safe at all, look how much Safari is patched on OSX...

It really is ignorance to think using a web browser that hasn't been updated for years on Windows is safer than using IE, Firefox or Chrome.

It doesn't really matter what web browser you use, just use on that actually gets security updates.