Samsung galaxy s i9000

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by chakal700, Aug 19, 2013.

1. chakal700

chakal700 MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2010
    Goodevening,

i've a question please:

my samsung s is keeping rebooting 6,7,8...times and then he starts normally it goes wel till the battery is empty; then starts the circus again.
    would you please help me with it?

Thanks in advance.
    chakal700

2. reticule

reticule MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2010
    Is the phone rooted ? If not, did you do an OTA update? Try XDA Developers website forums. They have a lot of useful stuff.

I hope it isn't water damaged or something. Check the stickers inside if they're white or pink to tell if so. Post back with some results. If you can't reach me and still need help you can PM me.

3. nivlo

nivlo MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    i had the same problem...took it back to my provider,,,,sent away came back better than new,,,it dont re boot in a circle and battery lasts a good 2 days

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    If your phone is still original stock and unmodified I'd say it's either and hardware issue or an installed app that causes the issue. You can try to uninstall latest apps.
    You could also do a factory reset. But be aware you gonna lose any stored data on internal SD. Backup it before.

A full factory reset is applied when dialing *2767*3855# . But be informed. The phone formats the internal SD card and sets anything up to default without asking to confirm!!! All previously installed apps will vanish and all contacts and account settings!!!!

If you are on a custom rom and have CWM recovery installed, boot into it and clear cache and dalvik cache. This will not delete any personal data. A dialed factory reset may not work on custom roms, though.

If anything doesn't help bootloop can be eliminated when completely flashed a new firmware. Then you lose any previously installed apps and personal settings. Backup at least your contacts before.
    You need to get familiar with ODIN and how to flash a new original stock firmware from download mode.
    If it is still under warranty and on original firmware I'd go to your seller at any case.

From my experience I can say bootloop happens mostly due to a software issue, though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...