Samsung Galaxy S III-to be announced on 3rd of May

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by half Man Half Biscuit, Feb 19, 2012.

1. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    To be honest phones are getting more idiotic now. They are simply trying to make a portable PC. :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. half Man Half Biscuit

Jun 1, 2011
    True

I think the same,i have a SGS and i don´t even need all the space,5mp camera etc..
    They make 1000 apps and for what?
    To be honest i use maybe 10 apps and that´s it and half of them i don´t really need.
    Ok if i would have a lot of money and wouldn´t know on what to spend it then i would probably pay for a SGS3.

People always want more power,faster devices,more Ram,better camera.
    For me my SGS is perfectly fast and smooth,5 Mp camera is more then enough and 8 GB space is more then i need.
    When i see all those people in front of the store waiting to buy a Iphone 4,brawling who´s going to get him first makes me sad.
    I used a Iphone 4 from a girl and it´s not better then HTC or SGS.
    You only pay for the name and apps that you don´t need.

4. #4 Deleted member 185298, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2023

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Tablets will not replace PCs, but will be an alternative to notebooks. To me most important is that Android makes its way. 5 years ago I would have had to buy a windows notebook. Today I can buy the Asus transformer prime with Android 4.x and a quadcore ARM CPU for my needs....

I can ditch windows / Intel CPU concering portables therefore I am so grateful. :worthy:

6. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    #6 R29k, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I have to disagree, partly.;)
    What is well and what is not well is up to the user.

-take pics: I agree, most cams shoot bad quality pics due to the physics of the lens /chip-size. Compare a pro lens that usually has 77 mm diameter with...a phone lense, loool
    On the other hand: What is better no picture taken, because of to carry those lenses all the time sux, or taken them with the phone?

-Playback music: I am an audiophile person and I have never found a suitable mp3 player for my needs. The samsung galaxy s soundchip together with the voodoo sound app and a high quality headphone never got beaten by any mp3 player I have tried.

-playback videos: I agree, but to record video: Very nice and usable even when played after on a 46 inches TV screen, full HD. Galaxy S2 recorded vids are cool and very nice for recording in holidays everywhere you want....

-browsing: I agree partly. Same question: What is better: To have the option to have a look at the net EVERYWHERE or no option? Browsing on a >4 inches touch screen is possible.....it's a learning effect.

Apps: 1-20 are suitable, the others are 'unneeded'. Gaming is poor, yes.

A phone offers OPTIONS / possibilites and never is a REPLACEMENT for those 'devices'!

Anything else I agree with.:)

8. #8 Deleted member 185298, Feb 22, 2012

9. half Man Half Biscuit

Jun 1, 2011
    Some points go to R29K and some to Yen aka the knowledge

I don´t need a camera on my phone,i never take pictures.Videos also.

About internet,YES it is very small and tiny.My eyes jump out to read something,but in some cases when you really need internet it´s handy.Otherwise it´s just to small,but as Yen said better to know that you can use it.
    You can learn but it just aint my taste,those tiny screens and letters.

Apps i use as said about 10,Gmail,Youtube,map etc.... i really don´t need that crap on my phone.I can wait a few hours when i get home and then read what i need/want.

I have to say that you where right Yen about the SGS music sound :hug2:,it´s really awesome,specially with voodooo sound app.Music is always good to have around ;)

Last but not least the damn gaming.I will never install any game on my phone,takes place,looks bad and i don´t need to play games on my phone or while somewhere outside.
    It´s tiny,the games suck ALL.I really don´t understand whats so super great about Angry birds?

My opinion about this topic :)

10. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    :eek:Angry Birds is awesome.
    The whole point is portable and available but not very good. I don't know about the audio thing on that particular phone I'll have to look into it and see if it is as good as the two of you say it is ...

11. half Man Half Biscuit

Jun 1, 2011
    #11 half Man Half Biscuit, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    (OP)
    Sound is awesome,believe me.
    It is the best sound phone. :)

:eek: That´s your opinion about Angry birds,saw it once on a friends phone and it´s bullsh.....

12. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
  13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

You need a galaxy S kernel that supports voodoo v10 by supercurio and the voodoo sound app, then choose your preferred settings. Use stock samsung player, no artificial environment simulation, equalizer if needed only.

Very important: headphones: in-ears are too tiny, use 'on-ears' normal small headphones such as beyerdynamic, Sennheiser or AKG. (One can use Koss as well, they are very good)

You know when quality should play a role (sound or optical stuff) the German products are the best in the world, but expensive as hell.
    Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, also AKG (Austria, though) :worthy:

5.1 systems: Teufel :worthy:
    Lenses: Leica, Carl Zeiss :worthy:

I know Galaxy S users that don't switch to the S2, because the S2 hasn't voodoo sound. Really!

Try it if you can, honestly I have tried so many mp3 players, even (cr)apple or other imperialistic stuff or Samsung.......forget it!.
    But you need some expectations regarding sound....most 128 bit mp3 pop chart listener are not sensitive to feel good sound....they use Apple products..:D

14. half Man Half Biscuit

Jun 1, 2011
    Yep true Yen,you brought it to point.:)

@ R29K angry birds is a game where you only throw the bird around?
    Hmmmmm nope not good to me sir

15. yup. Again not designed to be a jaw-dropping experience but to pass the time.

16. Michelle68

Michelle68 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
  17. tradesteady

tradesteady MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2012
    The iPhone 4S have made all the features to the extreme, simple operation and impressive interface, SG 3 also can't get my attention...

18. half Man Half Biscuit

Jun 1, 2011
    To be honest with you,i would never buy anything from (Cr)apple
    Just because of the name i´m not willing to pay the amount that they want for Iphone 4.

I used a Iphone 4 from a girlfriend and wanted to see whats so MAGICAL about it?
    IMHO nothing,not 1 thing was better then my SGS
    A few megapixels better camera is nothing for me honestly,and all the apps are just unneccessary.

SGS sound is impressive (can´t compare Iphone sound with SGS sound :nono3:)
    SGS has more then enough apps,so your only paying for the NAME IMO nothing else

19. #20 Deleted member 185298, Mar 2, 2012