Samsung Galaxy S or Samsung Galaxy S 2 ?????

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by half Man Half Biscuit, Jan 29, 2012.

1. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    I want to buy a Samsung Galaxy S or s2,but i´m not sure if it´s worth paying the money for S2?
    Is Samsung Galaxy S2 much better then the S version?
    If not why should i pay more money for a minimal better performance.
    So if anybody knows more about the + and - about this smartphone,it would be nice to help me out a bit :)

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. half Man Half Biscuit

Jun 1, 2011
  4. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
  5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  6. half Man Half Biscuit

Jun 1, 2011
    Thanks for the reply Yen,i will ask you surely a few things. :)

7. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Ah... my mistake regarding the SD slot, indeed you are correct about the Nexus.

I think though its a little misleading to say that nobody will get a fully working home brew version of ICS. In all honesty there are bugs even in the stock roms and kernels. Audio, Wi-Fi, Call drops to name a few. As updates are released the bugs are ironed out by the manufacturers. Its the same with the ROM Chefs. Beta, RC , Stable release. Ive tried a few variants of ICS on my HTC Desire HD and yes i have to admit, there are bugs. However with each new version release its improving. Yes the manufacturers may not release drivers for older devices but tdevelopers over at XDA are quite adept at overcoming things like that. Quite like the developers here at MDL.

In summary waht we end up with may not be quite as polished as the stock ROM , however it will be customized and changeable and will be on OUR device's because we CHOOSE it to be there. Why should i wait nearly a year for my next upgrade to recieve the latest Android version ? This is my one and only anoyance with Android, actually its more the mobile manufacturers. Devices such as the HTC DHD and SGS 1 are more than capable aof running Android 4.0 but they are simply to lazy to devote support to it. This is where XDA come in......

I for one can accept a few little quirks and bugs in order to run ICS at least untill next upgrade and by then it will be Android 5.0 ????? :D :D

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yes, sure. One can run ICS on non supported devices such as SGS1. But there are some licensed code parts concerning device drivers at least at Samsung devices.
    It depends on your intention why you want to run it. But you'll never get a full ICS version. The developers need to improvise since they won't get official drivers for ICS.
    Open question is if they are ever able to run hardware such as cam and radio properly....
    IMHO Gingerbread is now that advanced with 2.3.6 that I have now a reliable OS. I do not try any ICS ROM yet that basically is no pure ICS and never will be concerning SGS1.
    I can have the ICS style on gingerbread if I like.
    But after cyanogen became final I give it a try.

9. s_21m

s_21m MDL Junior Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Thr is also a S2 G version or Samsung galaxy s2 I9100G , so compare the non G version too before buying :rolleyes:

10. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    S3 coming out shortly.

11. cristomatt

cristomatt MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2012
    There is no doubt that the Samsung Galaxy S2 is amazing. If you have low budget then you canget the S,..

12. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    Well i´ve got the Samsung galaxy S Plus it´s better than the normal Galaxy s but weaker than Galaxy s2.
    To be honest i don´t know why one would need Galaxy s2 or even 3,with my Galaxy s plus i´m more than pleased and don´t know what to do with so much free space.
    Ok if someone has lots of Benjamins in his pocket than it´s ok,but spending all that money on a mobile phone i don´t know :dunno:

13. mikearnill

mikearnill MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2012
    Both the phone becomes much popular android smart phone among mobile users. Galaxy S2 has wider display and latest version of android. So if your budget is good then I suggest you to purchase galaxy S2.

14. gilgamesh0090

gilgamesh0090 MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2012
    s3 or htc one x if money is not a problem. if you are on a tight budget you might as well look at these phones oppa finder, meizu 4-core and jiayu g3. All have great specs on ics platform china built but to answer the question from the op its s2.

15. matrix57

matrix57 MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2012
    Samsung Galasy S2 buy now!!

16. juliae

juliae MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    Now is Samsung Galaxy S3.
    :biggrin:
    Buy this.

17. feona

feona MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2012
    if i have enough money i will took s2:(

18. netizen

netizen MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    Updated phone is always better...better go for Galaxy s3.

19. THING0L

THING0L MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2013
    samsung s4 :worthy: