Samsung Galaxy S4 Windows Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dragonfire665, Feb 5, 2016.

1. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    So, I installed Windows 10 in my new build approximately 6 weeks ago. And now I am having frustrating issues with my galaxy and connectivity problems. I can connect the phone, it will read it and all. But when I am creating a new folder, it will completely freeze the whole process. Only 2 solutions, force explorer to completely restart or manual remove the USB plug from the phone. However, even after done so, whatever folder I tried to create, let it be on my microSD card or the phone storage, it wont show. I will do the whole process again and it will freeze all over. It will take me at least 5 tries just to get the NEW FOLDER to show. Then rename the folder will cause freezing too. The whole process starts all over. I am over my head angry and I cant seem to find a solution for this.

Now, transferring files between phone and windows is no problems, is only when creating a folder. Also I have 6 different cables, tried them all same issue. My new build has 10 USB connection, all cause the same issues. And all USB ports work fine because I have tested other products with no hiccups, only my S4.

Also, it only happens with my new desktop build windows 10. With my laptop Windows 7, I can create, rename folders with no freezing or any issues of any kind.
    Also, every time I plugged my phone, in a new week, folders from the prior week will be delete. But only does empty ones. Im usually creating new folders for comics books. So folder with no comics, they just disappear, which then Im forced to recreate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    Create the new folder on your Galaxy first,then connect to Windows.
    This always happened to me when creating new folders on my Galaxy S5 while connected to windows 10.

3. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    Is there a reason for that? Is it Windows 10 connectivity issues with Galaxy?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Are you using the 10586 build? I seem to have issues with folders & files sometimes with this build. 10204 no issues. MS sux!

5. sammarbella

sammarbella MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2009
    It could be a permissions problem.

6. MacAddict01

MacAddict01 MDL Member

Mar 3, 2011
    This is definitely the solution for the problem. I dumped Samsung awhile ago in favor of the Nexus 6 and it also has the same limitation. I'm guessing it's an Android permission issue.

7. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    It will likely be that - I know with my S5 I have to run an app to allow writing to the external SD from a PC, and I remember having the same freezing problem trying to create folders on the phone, from a PC

8. ashmicro

ashmicro MDL Junior Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Same here, with Galaxy S3. As jayblok says, create the folder first.

9. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    For me,yes,any Android phone besides a Samsung Galaxy I can create folders while connected to Windows 10 (all versions).
    I tested Windows 7,8 ,8.1... The issue is not there

10. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    Yeah, thanks all for the replies. I can feel that I am not the only one feeling this pain. I just finding weird, that with my windows 7 laptop I have no permission problems. I can create, delete rename folders with my samsung connected to the PC. But as soon as I connect my S4 to my windows 10, problems after problems. So, I am thinking, is not quite Samsung faults, but Windows 10 flaw. Also, I already install Samsung latest drivers with smart switch and still nothing.

11. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    Yes I currently have build 10586.

12. dragonfire665

Sep 17, 2008
    Do you remember the app name? I downloaded an app called Nextapp SDfix, but didnt work fixing the problem.

13. dwarfer66

dwarfer66 MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2015
    My old S4 and my S6 edge does the same on win 8.1 and 10, I just wait a bit and all is fine. :biggrin:

14. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    I connected Galaxy S3 to desktop PC (Win10) and hard disk start make a noise without stopping until I shutdown PC.
    I never connected again to this PC. I think it's not safe to connect cell phones to computers. These devices not safety like computers.

I heard noises from hard drive when I bought the PC and install in it Windows XP. This happen in some sites maybe had viruses and probably not trusted.
    I never heard noises in windows 10 only when I connected Galaxy S3.

15. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012

lmao - gtfo - they are designed to be connected to PCs, what you think they add a USB cable in the box for?

Geez, the level of stupidness is strong

16. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    #19 cuteee, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Cell phones are not safe devices. This is what I think. If you not install antivirus app on the cell phone you will never know if you have virus.
    I knew it when I delete the phone and install all the apps again - the virus was there after I delete the phone.

17. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    sometimes I enjoy these priceless Brilliant Statements