Samsung laptop will NOT activate...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by david toska, Aug 29, 2010.

1. david toska

david toska MDL Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Hey. I formated my samsung laptop and reinstalled w7 ultimate. But it will not activate. The laptop is orginally whit w7 so slic 2.1 is present in the orginal bios. (no mod). I use the motod shown from here. When i run the cert command, it say cert installed sucessful. And the oem-slp key from samsung also installed sucsessful. After reboot properties say 30 days to activate. I run slic toolkit: "no oem cert found".. I tried to switch to another cert (acer-new) but same happen again. After running the cert command, it say cert installed sucessfull, but slic toolkit say no cert found... And because of that...Im not activated. Whats wrong??? I have tried the samsung cert and the acer-new cert.

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    If you got the slic 2.1 you can use daz loader to install just the cert and key. It is tested solid like. You might have to validate online too...

3. david toska

david toska MDL Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Strange... I used daz loader only to install cert and key from samsung. (not the loader). Then it went ok, and I got activated. But I cant understand what went wrong when I installed the cert manuelly by myself. I got the box said something like "licencefile installed sucessfull". But when i ran slic toolkit the advanced tab said: "no oem cert installed".

But anyway, i`m activated. Thanks for helping timesurfer. And thanks Daz for this nice tool.

4. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. david toska

david toska MDL Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thanks Matrix Leader. It activated manuelly whit the cert from your link. I diddnt even now that the certs were oem brand specifikk.

6. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Glad I could be of any assistance ;)

Simple eh ? :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Certificate has to correspond to the SLIC, it is obvious!

sebus