Samsung LED Monitor Language Change Problem

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by pamadhilwankalan, Apr 28, 2014.

1. pamadhilwankalan

pamadhilwankalan MDL Junior Member

Nov 16, 2013
    well...i have Samsung LED model SyncMaster B2030. the problem is....its setting language is not English. when i try to change its brightness or contrast or anything else...i can't understand the language. moreover there is a small lock on the upper right side of settings. it seems certain settings are locked including language change option. with lock image there is a word "kilitli". please help how to unlock display settings.

2. Smifffies

Smifffies MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2010
    #2 Smifffies, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    After a little googling I have found:
    1. Kilitli is Turkish for lock
    2. The manual for your model in section 3.1 shows that the menu button on the lower left says:

Press this button to view the On Screen Display (OSD).
    This button is also used to exit the OSD or to return to a higher-level OSD menu
    * OSD Adjustment Lock
    This function locks the OSD in order to maintain the current settings or to prevent the settings
    from being changed by another person
    On: If you press and hold the MENU button down for 5 seconds, the OSD Adjustment Lock
    function is activated.
    Off: If you press and hold the MENU button down for 5 seconds again, the OSD Adjustment
    Lock function is disabled.

Here is a link to your models manual in English, once you have unlocked the OSD you can read it to work out how to change the default language:

hxxp://files.sotmarket.ru/instr/elektronika-i-komputery/noutbuki_plansheti/monitory/samsung-syncmaster-b2030-0.pdf

Additionally if it helps the Turkish for language is: Dilde

3. pamadhilwankalan

pamadhilwankalan MDL Junior Member

Nov 16, 2013
    thanks very much Smifffies. i followed your points and adjusted every thing including change language in English. thanks

4. Smifffies

Smifffies MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2010
    Hi
    No problem

5. ismethere

ismethere MDL Senior Member

Apr 7, 2014
    Yes, I've the similar problem before but with LG..OK thanks seems the forums more useful..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...