Samsung Magician Software

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by bertikul, Mar 4, 2013.

1. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Hi
    I have a Samsung SSD 830 series and I installed Samsung Magician Software v 4.0 on Windows 8 Pro x64. What bothers me a lot is that every boot/restart of the pc, the UAC popup window appears (that is normal) asking for permission to let Samsung Magician make changes to the computer. That is VERY FRUSTRATING. (I don't want to change settings or disable UAC)

I tried to do what I've successfully done with other software - create a Task with Task Scheduler to run at log on, with highest privileges, me as admin.
    Then created a shortcut linked to that task (schtasks /run /tn "name of task" ) to bypass UAC popup.
    It works with other softs, but not Samsung Magician. I get this error when I try to run the task or launch it via the shortcut:

"Initialization of logger module failed. Cannot start the application"

Can Anyone Please help with this issue?

Thanks a lot

2. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    have you tried the start up folder? drag the shortcut to start up folder

3. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
    @ jayblock - Have tried that, doesn't work. I mean I still got UAC popup

@ =)(= did try that in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    AND HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    but not eg: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

will try it and write back
    Thanks

4. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
    #6 bertikul, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    (OP)
    added a string value to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run but I got the UAC popup and the famous error: "Initialization of logger module failed. Cannot start the application"

And YES - Privilege Level is UNCHEKED (it always was)

5. =)(=

=)(= Guest

If you check it and add the shortcut to start up, UAC prompt should not pop up!?!?

6. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
    #8 bertikul, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    (OP)
    When I check the Privilege Level of the shortcut or Samsung Magician.exe - after Signing out and in again, NO SAMSUNG MAGICIAN sign or traces, nothing happens. No Magician No UAC.

With unchecked Privilege Level the soft starts but with UAC popup

7. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
    #9 bertikul, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    (OP)
    thanks acrsn :)

as I said in the first post: I already have Magician v 4.0 installed.
    What I didn't know is: "it is not necessary to run the program in the background"
    The software itself placed a shortcut to Startup folder during install . As so I let it there, but it was frustrating me every reboot with UAC popup. If it is not necessary to run the soft all the time, Samsung is totally crazy to place a shortcut to Startup folder during Magician install.

Still wondering why the method to bypass UAC popup, explained in the first post, works for other software but not for Samsung magician thing?