samsung NC10 netbook

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by logicwatch, Sep 28, 2011.

1. logicwatch

logicwatch MDL Senior Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Hi

Has anybody installed XP Home or Pro onto a Samsung NC10 and used the Samsung oem bios files activation successfully ?

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    run the oembios.exe program to see if you have the necessary string..if its there, the oembios files will work..(you may have to step up and give it a try yourself...)If the machine didnt come with xp, drivers may be the issue, not activation...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. logicwatch

Jan 26, 2011
    Hi 911medic

Thanks for your reply , I will run the boot oem cd as soon as I have the machine to hand .
    I was just trying to get ahead of the game before I received it from a colleague.
    I think it originally came preinstalled on it anyway ?
    As for drivers the samsung site has them all available to download easily for XP.

Thanks for your support I was just wondering if anyone had tried this particular model with XP oem files and had successful activation?

4. logicwatch

Jan 26, 2011
    yes but not the way I had thought my friend turned up with the samsung original recovery media on CD so it was straight forward .
    sorry but I never tried the oem bios file method hope you manage to succeed ?