Samsung NC10 with Slic 2.1 showing 30 day grace period - help?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hi_robb, May 30, 2010.

1. hi_robb

hi_robb MDL Novice

May 29, 2010
    Lo there,

First post on here so excuse my ignorance on anything I may have missed.

I'm trying to get My Samsung NC10 to work on a Win 7 Ultimate install using the OEM Slic BIOS trick, but I seem to be having some issues. After running through the list below, if I goto to Windows Genuine Advatage website, it tells me I've passed.

However, looking in Control Panel, it says I have 30 days to activate and clicking on activate it gives me an invalid serial key message and prompts me to buy one.

Also, using Slic Toolkit 3.2 (downloaded from this site), on the advanced tab it shows that I have SLIC 2.1 but that no certificate is installed.

Here's what I've done so far.

1: Updated my NC10 BIOS to the latest D0 BIOS which contains Slic 2.1 from the Samsung Website.

2: downloaded the Digital River Win7 ultimate release files via the thread on this site.

3: Got the samsung OEM SLP key for Windows 7 from the thread on this site.

4: Got the Certificates from the thread on here, extracted them and got the Samsung one.

5: Installed Win 7, didn't put in a serial key, logged in and updated essential hotfixes etc.

6: Installed the Certificate using a commnd prompt.

7: installed the OEM SLP key using command prompt.

8: Checked windows advantage which it passed, looked at activation which says 30 days.

9: After seeing in Slic Toolkit that I have no certificate, I used the command prompt to release and reinstall the cert.

10: After Cert re-install, rebooted still showing that I have 30 days to activate, but I can't activate.

Help please :)

Robb

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #2 Tito, May 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
  3. hi_robb

hi_robb MDL Novice

May 29, 2010
    Hi Tito,

I forgot to mention that I tried OpaTool prior to posting the call for help. After using that to install the certificate, then key, then rebooting, if I use Opatool to view license details it tells me I'm in the 30 day garce period.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Robb

4. hi_robb

hi_robb MDL Novice

May 29, 2010
    Certainly,

Ah, bugger...

I can't post images as I don't yet have 20 posts, I'll try pm-ing you the link if that's ok.

Kind regards and thanks for the help.

Robb

5. hi_robb

hi_robb MDL Novice

May 29, 2010
    Arggh need 5 posts to pm, ok shall post a couple of more random messages in this thread.

6. hi_robb

hi_robb MDL Novice

May 29, 2010
    post 5 to allow pm's.

7. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    You know you can use imageuploading websites to give us a screenshot, right ?

8. hi_robb

hi_robb MDL Novice

May 29, 2010
    I've uploaded the pic to Flickr however when I try to link to it, the I get warnings that I need 20 posts to post the link.

As far as I'm aware Flickr is a image upload site.

Robb

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  10. hi_robb

hi_robb MDL Novice

May 29, 2010
    Nope that doesn't work either, still need 20 posts. It's definetly a restriction on here.

Perhaps TTmax can post the image for me as he has more than 20 posts?

Tia

Robb

11. hi_robb

hi_robb MDL Novice

May 29, 2010
    farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4652694537_755a249b2c_b.jpg

put http : // infront of this and you'll have the pic. I cannot post the URL due to the 20 post restriction.

12. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Click on Open ext Cert in SLIC Toolkit and select your samsung cert. If it says cert OK, then you have not installed the cert properly otherwise you are using the wrrong certificate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. hi_robb

hi_robb MDL Novice

May 29, 2010
    Hi mate,

Tried that and didn't get a Cert ok message. it shows the cert location I've tried to ope, but it's in red.

So the question is, how do I find the right Cert?

Kind regards.

D

14. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  15. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Reinstall the Cert dude. That is what Slic toolkit is saying is the error. That should fix your issue because everything else is green(Good). Good luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. hi_robb

hi_robb MDL Novice

May 29, 2010
    Lo again,

Have tried re-installing the certificate using the command prompt method, making sure I run it it with elevated admin privledges, and still get the same problem.

I followed the instructions in the Win 7 Software Repository on this site to manually do it.

Anyone any suggestions, so I have to drop the current cert first, and if so how?

Robb

17. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Try downloading Daz's loader 1.8 and using the bios activation option in his loader, it will automatically install the appropriate cert and key. The only thing I can think of is that you have a bad cert dude. Daz's loader will fix that for you though.