Samsung NP365E5C-S05US major PITA

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by WyldWolf, Jan 27, 2013.

1. WyldWolf

WyldWolf MDL Junior Member

Dec 29, 2010
    So I just purchased 2 of these laptops. Love the hardware - absolutely refuse to run WIN8. Took backup image then reformatted installed WIN7 enterprise and will not KMS activate because it apparently sees SLIC info. However, SLIC toolkit shows:

X&RSDT != Pubkey == Marker Version 2.1 Digital Signature OK
    XSDT: <BLANK> Pubkey: SECCSDLH43STAR
    RSDT: <BLANK> Marker: SECCSDLH43STAR

Bios Info

Vendor: AMerican Megatrends Inc. Date: 10/23/2012 Size: 1024k
    Version: P03ABF Type: AMI BIOS /ACPI 2.0

This is while running under CMS bios mode or UEFI+Legacy Mode.

Can anyone help me get friggin WIN7 working I have never had so many friggin problems getting activated. There is not even one BIOS download for this laptop so I'm not sure how to even get a modded version - I either want to REMOVE the damn SLIC stuff if it's incomplete and preventing me from KMS activating, or fix the SLIC info to OEM activate it. It's dumb that I bought it with a WIN8 license so I'm legal but can't downgrade it.

Thanks!

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  3. WyldWolf

WyldWolf MDL Junior Member

Dec 29, 2010
    I took a successful (apparently) backup using the universal bios backup toolkit 2.0. I then loaded the .rom saved into phoenixtool212 (since it's a UEFI bios) and loaded my rw dump,slic,slt,cert and no errors produced the new SLIC rom but have NOT tried to flash as I'd like a guru to confirm I did this correctly. Also of note, I'm booted now with bios set to CMS (legacy) into (un)activated WIN7-64sp1. When I run the SLIC Toolkit 3.2, it loads the above. If I reboot and set bios to UEFI+Legacy it boots fine into WIN7-64sp1 again, but if I run SLIC Toolkit it pops up that 2 tables found, load the next one (yes/no).

My question is, if I'm running this dump while set to Legacy CMS in bios, is it really dumping the WHOLE UEFI bios enough to even restore, or am I dumping the "bios emulation" that it's set to. I really do not want to brick this laptop so help greatly appreciated.

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    i have flashed ami backups before from universal extractor. but the UEFI im not sure.. altho i think its ok as it is part of bios

however this is the win8 slic 2.2 type so im not sure as i havent tested.