Samsung NP365E5C-S05US major PITA

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by WyldWolf, Jan 27, 2013.

1. WyldWolf

WyldWolf MDL Junior Member

Dec 29, 2010
    So I just purchased 2 of these laptops. Love the hardware - absolutely refuse to run WIN8. Took backup image then reformatted installed WIN7 enterprise and will not KMS activate because it apparently sees SLIC info. However, SLIC toolkit shows:

SLIC Status: INVALIDATED
    X&RSDT != Pubkey == Marker Version 2.1 Digital Signature OK
    XSDT: <BLANK> Pubkey: SECCSDLH43STAR
    RSDT: <BLANK> Marker: SECCSDLH43STAR

Bios Info

Vendor: AMerican Megatrends Inc. Date: 10/23/2012 Size: 1024k
    Version: P03ABF Type: AMI BIOS /ACPI 2.0

This is while running under CMS bios mode or UEFI+Legacy Mode.

Can anyone help me get friggin WIN7 working I have never had so many friggin problems getting activated. There is not even one BIOS download for this laptop so I'm not sure how to even get a modded version - I either want to REMOVE the damn SLIC stuff if it's incomplete and preventing me from KMS activating, or fix the SLIC info to OEM activate it. It's dumb that I bought it with a WIN8 license so I'm legal but can't downgrade it.

Thanks!

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    What about Daz's loader??

3. WyldWolf

Dec 29, 2010
    Hey Tito,

Would really prefer not to use a loader if possible. I thought those were being detected now? This is SO stupid that I have 2 valid WIN8 licenses and simply want to run previous version of OS. What's dumber is that if I purchased 20 of these Samsung's for a business and tried to KMS activate them that because of this screwed up SLIC table, I'd just be SOL?

I'm just not sure if an Ultimate non-ent install and a simple Samsung cert and OEM key would actually work, or is my SLIC table just not going to work with OEM unless it's modded?

4. WyldWolf

Dec 29, 2010
    Am I stuck with loader being only option here? From the look of the SLIC above, is a standard OEM act with samsung cert even possible without a bios mod? I dont want to go to trouble of downgrading enterprise to pro to find out OEM also isn't even an option, although I guess if I have to do loader route it can't be enterprise anyway.

Just looking for some direction, read and followed a lot of your posts Tito and think you're awesome!

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    AFAIK, the Samsung SLIC is present there but it is not complete. Check with AIDA64 or RW-Everything for more info; cause SLIC Toolkit sometimes fails to detect the RSDT pointer on UEFI based systems.

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Also, can you post an MGADIAG report??

7. WyldWolf

Dec 29, 2010
    Getting it for you shortly, REALLY appreciate you looking at it! Doing a ghost image backup as it is now, just getting the drivers from prior models to get all drivers working under WIN7 was a PITA considering Samsung lists no WIN7 drivers.....so taking a backup before I proceed and also took a ghost image of it as WIN8 (albeit after 1st bootup).....

Do notice bios lists a "purchased date" that must have been stamped upon 1st boot......wondering had I set UEFI to CMS mode and wiped it before ever booting it if this would have been easier.

Either way, shortly will post the RW-everything and MGA report.

8. WyldWolf

Dec 29, 2010
    #8 WyldWolf, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    (OP)
    Hopefully I got everything you need. I dumped ACPI and SMBIOS with RWeverything and also MGAreport but size of RW dumps was too big to upload to forum so I looked at them and cut after what looked like relevant sections - just let me know if I didn't get enough. I'm hoping I've got an option to activate it without need of loader.....

Thanks so much again for your help!

EDIT: just realized posted wrong file, should be right now.

Attached Files:

9. WyldWolf

Dec 29, 2010
    Hey Tito,

Were you ever able to look at this?

Thanks!

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Sorry for the late reply... Samsung has intentionally crippled the SLIC. You have to use Windows Loader or request for a bios mod.