Samsung R60 Plus BIOS Memory Mod

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by symbiote, Dec 6, 2011.

1. symbiote

symbiote MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2011
    Hello all

I was hoping someone would be kind enough to help out.

I have a Samsung R60 Plus laptop with a Phoenix BIOS. I have a problem running 2 x 2GB Memory Modules. It will boot with 1 x 2GB but not with 2. It has on 2 occasions gone into the BIOS with 2 x 2GB installed but then when I exited the BIOS, it again Black Screened and did nothing. It has never booted into Windows with 2 x 2GB.

I have been chatting to a Crucial Support technician and he seems to think that it's because the memory is running at CR 1T and should work if it's changed to CR 2T. However there are no memory options in the options.

Would it be possible to add these by modding the BIOS?

Or is there anything else I can try to get it to work?

According to the manufacturer website as well as Crucial/Corsair, 2 x 2GB are supported in this laptop. The memory modules are the correct type and both are working. Both slots are also working in the laptop as I have been running 2 x 1GB modules since I bought it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

2. lex.lord

lex.lord MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2012
    Having exactly the same problem

Hi cant believe I have found someone hitting the same issue as me with same laptop.

2x 2Gb Crucial memory upgrades crashes Vista 32bit on boot. 1x of either of the two memory sticks works fine.

Did you have any success? If so, what was your solution?

Many thanks,
    - Alex L