Samsung Slate 7 Bios Password

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by cvinnedge, Mar 26, 2012.

1. cvinnedge

cvinnedge MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2012
    I have a Samsung Slate 7 (700T1A-A04US) and I need to be able to password the BIOS. This option is not currently available. I have the latest BIOS from Samsung for this model (Version 08FW). Does anyone out there have a BIOS Mod that includes the Security Tab with the option to password protect the BIOS? I would really appreciate a copy if one is available. I have never modded a BIOS and I have looked at a couple of tools but none of them open the BIOS I download from Samsung (it is an executable file). I for the life of me cannot understand why they would offer a system with a TPM for encryption but leave the BIOS wide open.

Thanks
    cvinnedge

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Update to the latest bios, then use this to make a backup, then use AMIBCP to unhide the hidden pages (if any).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cvinnedge

cvinnedge MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2012
    Thanks,

I will give it a shot.

4. cvinnedge

cvinnedge MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2012
    Which version of AMIBCP should I be using and where do I get it? I have tried 4 different versions (3.12, 3.13, 7.60, 8.95) and none are able to open the backup bios rom.

TKS