Samsung XP941 512GB and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by flyboynm, Feb 28, 2015.

1. flyboynm

flyboynm MDL Novice

May 1, 2011
    I just ordered a new laptop with the XP941 drive. I understand that the only way I can install the OS on the drive is via UEFI. Have any of you done this on this drive? If so, what was your experience on how much of a pain it was doing?

If none of you have done it, I will report back on how difficult it was when I get my new laptop in. :)

Clevo P750ZM
    4790K CPU (yes, desktop CPU in laptop)
    32GB 2133Mhz RAM
    780m Video card
    Killer Networks 1525 802.11AC
    Samsung 4k QFHD 15.6" screen

2. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    So your buying a new laptop with a mSATA drive ?
    Does this laptop not come with Win 8.1 pre installed ?

If so why bother with Win 7 ?

And for some reason this laptop does not come with any OS, why bother with Win 7, just stick with Win 8.1.

Besides that, I never knew you could fit a desktop cpu into a laptop.

Who are you buying it off, Dr F ?

3. flyboynm

flyboynm MDL Novice

May 1, 2011
    Capitain Kirk - Thanks for the tip! I guess I will run 8.1 Pro. I shouldn't have any problems with that, I guess.

tnx - I was hoping to get Win 7 running okay because I have a couple of custom applications that do not run under Win 8 or 8.1. I haven't bothered to troubleshoot it to find out why that is the case. I guess I will need to try it now.

I ordered my laptop without the OS because the price of the bundled OS is so much more than what you can get it for from other sources such as MS Dreamspark. I have something like 8 Windows licenses that I haven't used from that place.

The laptop is a Clevo P750ZM/Sager NP9752-S. Clevo used to make Alienware systems (OEM/ODM) before Alienware was bought by Dell. Sager is the US Distributor of Clevo systems. I have had 4 Clevo laptops and love them all. My current system is a i7 4700, 32GB RAM, 780m video card, 2x 120GB msata in RAID 0, 1TB 7200 RPM data drive, BluRay Writer and Intel 802.11AC wireless adapter.

4. flyboynm

flyboynm MDL Novice

May 1, 2011
    I have the "toolkit", autoKMS and Win Loader. Been using them for a few years or so it seems. :)