Sandboxie issue.

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by sid_16, Oct 3, 2014.

1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    <p>
    Can i run firefox and Google chrome browser run in sndbox like Internet explorer? Why am I asking is that whenever I try to run firefox, the Sandboxie shows an error message with a popup windows that redirect me to sandboxie forum in internet explorer, where I can't find any solution. I uninstalled and reinstalled firefox but all in vain. How do you all (the sandboxie users) run firefox and chrome browsers in a sandbox?</p>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    <p>
    Normal forum post becomes HTML ?</p>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Although Chrome can be considered secure compared to other browsers because it uses system built-in security mechanisms (Windows Vista and above) and it has good sandbox, every software you run will have vulnerabilities sooner or later - especially browsers - and Chrome is no exception. I agree that Sandboxie can be used as additional layer of security for any vulnerabilities that would allow attackers to bypass Chrome's sandbox.
    Besides, Sandboxie is in constant updation.

5. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    I uninstalled and reinstalled sandboxie. I've only one default sandbox that is internet explorer and now there is no problem running firefox directly unsandboxed.:D

6. coolbuddy

coolbuddy MDL Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Since you have the Pro version,you can make use of 'Forced Programs' in Sandboxie to run all the browsers sandboxed.You can have separate sandbox for each browser.