Sandisk solid state drive and BIOS conflict

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by JohnB, Nov 22, 2008.

1. JohnB

JohnB MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2008
  2. JohnB

JohnB MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2008
    I have managed to identify my DVD drive: Mats**ta DVD-RAM UJ-852S

Any ideas?

3. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    #3 PrEzi, Nov 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JohnB

JohnB MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2008
    CD/DVD 1.31 firmware didn't help.

Thanks PrEzi, as with the new hard drive on the system would abort installation of the firmware, I installed again the old hard drive (BIOS and Windows recognized the CD/DVD) and performed the upgrade, now I have v. 1.31 but unfortunately when I put back on the new hard drive there was no change at all...The CD/DVD still doesn't appear!!! What is going on??? I don't get it...btw the performance of the laptop with the new hard drive is amazing...almost 2 times as fast and as for the battery consumption???Well with the old hard drive I would get a little less than 5 hours (with the small battery on) guess what now...I get more than 6 hours!!!That's I 'm so anxious to get this thing to work, otherwise I would just sell the disc and return to the old configuration!!!PLEASE HELP!!!

P.S. I found on line that there is a new firmware update for the SANDISK 1.8" 5000 UATA (the version is 2.13, I have v. 1.27) but I can't find anywhere a downloadable file (Sandisk told me that I can only gat frmware updates for the disk through the OEM manufacturers e.g. Dell, HP etc. but who is using this drive, that I can't find)

5. JohnB

JohnB MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2008
    I think I got it...one more thing though

Ok, I have identified (I think) what the problem is...My Sandisk is set as "slace" that's why the conflict with my CD/DVD drive. Now I only have to change either the hard drive's master/slave setting or my CD/DVD drive's both units are jumpeless so I would have to do it by software...Some guys out there have been doing it for CD/DVD drives...any suggestions for software???

6. JohnB

JohnB MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2008
    Found it...In order to change a hard drive from master to slave is to connect pin 40 via a 10K resistor to a 3.3 v source (either pin 38 or 39)...Have to get the resistor :)