Sata Controller Driver missing form Wndows 8 for Acer Aspire 5920g

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by NikosGr, Jan 1, 2013.

1. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    I'am trying 8 hours now to install Windows 8 to an Acer Aspire 5920g.
    Problem is that when the usb flash drive comes to hdd presenation point the hdd isnt being displayed.

My guess is that Sata AHCI/IDE controller driver for the 5920g's chipset is missing from Windows 8 installation dvd.

I googled very much and i can only find XP and Vista Sata Drivers while oi need 8's.

Is there an alternative plz? I must get 8 installed in that laptop.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    you are positive that the machine is ok technically? it should work without problems

3. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes it is excepr the dvd rom which has issues.

i already found those drivers and tried them several hours ago but they are for XP and Vista and the Intel for 7 tops!
    That will not work unfortunately.

An idea came to my mind.
    I downlaoded and booted the Acer Aspire 5920g from a Vista Lite DVD rom which i burned.

Vista somehow identidies and utilized 5920g sata drivers correctly. The HDD can be shown form there with its partition and everything!

What i need now is a way to trick the Vista installation!
    Removeing the Vista Media nad inserting the Win8 Media and continue from there!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    can you disable the dvd drive in the bios and then only use usb for installation?

5. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    No why?!?

Can you give me the correct link please for my 5920g? i cant detect it through the wizard.....

Continuing my previous attempt.
    Booted from Vista , presented the HDD and the rempoved the Vista USB Media and inserted the 8 USB Media
    highlighted an unallocated partition and clicked next.

Copying of Windows 8 files has begun!!!!!

I hope they will work too!
    layout
    Its very weird seeing 8 trying to be copied to the hddd through a Vista Layout Scheme!

Do you think it will work?

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
  7. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
  8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just curious: Have yopu updated the BIOS of your Laptop to the latest version available? If not, do just that. A customer of mine is using Windows 8 on an Aspire 5920G withoput a problem.

9. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    My bios is setup to boot form usb but it fails when it comes to presne the hdd because the sata controller chipset cant be identified by win8 instllation dvd

10. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
  11. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    should be version 3811
    but i dont think he will check it.

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That wasn't what I asked for!:eek:

If someone ask you about an BIOS Update, it just means like that and NOT what you have the BIOS set for! That's 2 different "games"! You also should re-check your OS Images: DVD/ISO/USB or whatsoever! Compare with the Checksum so you could be sure using a proper source for your installation.

Also I would suggest that you check your writing BEFORE posting because it's difficult to understand with that much missing letters and typos.

13. e_sentinel

e_sentinel MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2009
    Try to use IDE Mode.

14. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Same situation.

15. Nimbus2000

Nimbus2000 MDL Senior Member

May 5, 2010
    I have an Acer 5920 and can confirm that I was able to clean install Windows 8 without additional drivers. I don't recall if I booted from the DVD or a USB flash drive, but that should not make any difference.

Good luck...

16. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012

Thanks but how do you explain it then your 5920 booting normally and hdd presnetd ok without th eneed of extra sata drivers and myy lap which is also 5920 need extra sata drivers?!?

17. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    bios version . DOWNLOAD AND UPDATE

18. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    #19 NikosGr, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    (OP)
    I dodnt know if my current Bios version is the latest or older(didnt check) cause i i was trying to install Win8 without

a) BIOS Update
    b) Downloading the latest F6 Sata Controller Driver from Intel.

What makes you think that a BIOS Update would help Win8 Installation USB to be able to identify the Sata Controller?

19. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Why did you not just download the latest BIOS from Acer, upgrade your Laptop to that Bios and start the Windows 8 Installation again?

I suggested this several times already! But it seems to be that either ignore what we telling you or you're didn't understand plain English! Maybe it's on the time you read all post's of this topic again or get some one with better English knowledge to translate the written to your language!