SATNAV - Extract files from inside bin file, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by ezhik, Apr 3, 2010.

1. ezhik

ezhik MDL Junior Member

Oct 23, 2007
    I'm looking for a prog that will extract the files from inside the 07AVNe2.bin file on my Satnav. I want to extract 'navi.exe' and replace it with a custom version. It's a Honda/Alpine Satnav system, but I think any prog that will extract from the bin will suit me. It's not a bin file that's normally associated with cd images, like iso, img etc, but more like BIOS bin files, if you see what I mean.

Any ideas for a prog to try? I can't find one.

2. ezhik

ezhik MDL Junior Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Thanks for that, although what I was looking for is not available anywhere else. I did manage to extract the files from the binary, disassemble the relevant dll with IDA and make the mod I wanted. Took a bit of learning but all done now.

3. Bog

Bog MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2010
    Hi Ezhik,

Hope you dont mind me messaging you, but I'm currently trying to do some mods to my 09 Civic's Sat Nav and saw your post on here whilst googling :biggrin:

From the bin file you mention in your post, I guess you have a 07 onwards european Honda, maybe a Civic or CRV... and I guess the hack you were doing was to get rid of the Nag screen?

From your last post it sounds like you succeseded :)... Can you tell me more?

But what I really need help on is this... you prob have seen all the stuff regarding nag screen, splash screen and trip computer on the Acura TSX and RL sites.... the bit I trying to do is enable the trip computer on the Civic... It can do it, I just needs the application files (which I have from an Acura RL disk - the RL has the same unit as the euro Civic).

The bit I'm stuck on is creating a new .bin file are a program to insert the new files into my civics .bin (09AVNe2)

I hope you can help me :)