Saving Kaspersky Internet Security licence

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by supertack, Mar 8, 2013.

1. supertack

supertack MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2009
    #1 supertack, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    Hello guys,

I've bought a legitimate Kaspery Internet Security (KIS) 2013 product key for 1 PC and 1 year.

As I'm a geek, I use to format my PC and reinstall OS so many times for test purposes. Yesterday, when reinstalling Windows and then KIS and trying to activate with my product key, KIS didn't activate, telling me that the maximum number of activations with this key has been reached. :confused:

Kaspersky maybe thought that I've installed my product on many PCs, what is not true !!! :mad:

I've send a mail to the Kaspersku support with no answer till now !!! :weeping:

I've a complete PC image made with Acronis when the KIS was working correctly, so I ask if I can retrieve my licence information (in .key format, like some websites post on internet when they illegally share their keys) in order to activate KIS in offline mode.

It seems that Kaspersky doesn't allow this operation natively, so I'm asking how to do it with a tool as others can post keys on internet !

Thanks for help !

2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    You can call them and ask for a solution, if the licence is legit, you'll have no troubles.

3. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    that's why i stopped using anything from Kaspersky and got a refund.

I have no time to be dealing with this crap every other day

I format a lot like u whenever there are major software updates or new drivers and this does not work for me

now I stick to Bitdefender coz you can activate as many times as you wish with them

you can also login to your bitdefender account and delete the activations you made earlier of PCs you no longer have active and activate more and more with no limit or wait from them to lift the block

Kaspersky took 1 month till they lifted the block for me thats when i asked for a refund

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #4 robalm, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    Have you done more than 50 activations in KIS?
    I think the limit is 50 times, i have used a legal "KIS 1 year for 3 pc" more than 40 times without reached the limit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
  6. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012

the limit was 20 before now it's 10

sad... for software you legally purchased

7. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't think that's the truth. I reinstalled windows maybe 3-4 times before I got above message. And Kaspersky Lab wouldn't tell me why this has happened.
    Some sort of glitch I'd say...

8. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    nope, no glitch. you'll see, they kee0p decreasing the limit as if you were activating a million dollar software not an antivirus progra

9. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    Guys, the exceeded activation times work by month maximum 4, so thats why some user can activate it more than 40 times a year and other who reach 5 times a month are stopped;)

windsman.

10. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    It IS a (multi) million dollar software (just not to you, but to them...)

11. RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Like XP Pro "OEM-retail". XP "OEM-retail" has a 6-activation limit at max, IIRC.

You will be treated like a thief just for reinstalling more than about 5 times.

12. RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    I think ian82 means AutoCAD and the like.....