Saving the Settings on a Samsung Tab A SM-T580

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by ThomasMann, Oct 18, 2018.

1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    My SM-T580 keeps changing settings for time and place to which it thinks are correct. Which is especially annoying, when appointments in the calendar are changed.

How can I save the settings for time and location to what I WANT THEM to be?

Thanks

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I don't know if I have got what you mean..but...
    Go to Settings, Lock Screen and Security, Info and App Shortcuts, Dual Clock, and that has a "set home timezone" option.

The exact way to it might be different depending on the Android version you are using.

If it doesn't help what I mean, maybe post an own practical example where the issue occurred and what you want to have exactly changed.

I am at home on local time and cannot play with foreign settings, but I actually know Samsung devices...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015

What I see are the correct time on the dual clock, but the appointment timings are set to the second clock and so is the time of the tablet itself, the one in the top right corner... but it changed only after working correctly for 6 weeks already.
    I can easily set it and re-write the appointments, but i would simply like to save the settings that put in.

In (my android 7.0) "Lock Screen and Security" there is no: Info and App Shortcuts...

I guess I can always get rid of the dual time

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Strange. I am on Android 7 as well. (Galaxy S6 edge)

The dual clock has set home timezone option and the Samsung stock calendar (which I do not use myself, I am using aCalendar) has an option to set the time zone to be used as well....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I have replaced the double time clock with a single time one... and the problem seems to be gone..

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I suspected it has something to do with the dual clock.
    Just found out on 7.1.1 : Settings, lock screen and security, information and face widgets, roaming clock, set your home time zone, along with the roaming clock on.

Samsung's setting menus are inconsistent and may vary even at the same Android version, dependent on device (on features of it).
    I am glad you've found a solution. Next time when I travel I'll have a look at foreign time zones and settings. When I do I usually use the dual clock, where I have set the home zone manually.

7. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    That is nice to know, thanks. I am always wondering, if I am always the only one who does not get it. Maybe it is because I always expect such things not to work properly in the first place. It is hair raising to see how many walls one encounters when trying to install Linux. Rooting a tablet is childs play in comparison.

As I do not really need it, I am surprised by my own stupidity, why I get tempted to install anything unnecessary in the first place. Won't happen again.
    I hope... ;)

I find it rather amazing, what people have on their phones. I use exactly six apps...