Scanner Microtek Scanmaker 3830 & Vista

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by www81, Dec 22, 2008.

1. www81

www81 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2008
    Hello,
    after reinstallation I have problems with installing my scanner. Last time, Vista found some driver automatically and everything was working fine (unfortunately I don't remember driver's name...)
    But now, it can't find anything. Maybe it's because of installing SP1... Anyway, I read Microtek's PDF, stating that I should use older version of original program and driver - ScanWizard 5 v6.31 (although Vista is not supported officially).
    I did it, but it's working only when scanner is turned on before starting Windows. After plugging it out, the scanner is not recognized once again. The same situation is when I want to turn on the scanner after Vista startup.
    Device Manager doesn't show any problems, but Microtek Scanner Finder sees my device only for a moment and later there is a text: "Scanner is not ready". So it seems to be installed, but not for ScanWizard...
    Do you have any solution for this problem? It might be other driver or fixing ScanWizard.

Best wishes,
    Wojtek

2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...