Scared I'm gonna mess my son's laptop up, lol.

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by MommaChaos, Oct 24, 2011.

1. MommaChaos

MommaChaos MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2011
    I am a single disabled mother trying to fix my sons laptop. I did was suggested and downloaded an app to help with the problem, but my knowledge of computers stops at being a 'vague novice'. So I'm on my own laptop trying to make sure I'm reading things but it doesn't stop there. I have to return this laptop to get the laptop that I had back, lol. I had problems with a brand new Toshiba Satellite and I took it back and got this brand new HP Pavilion "makes me wanna slap the person who put it together" laptop. I hate it so much! Instead of hitting shift for extra keys like quotation marks. This is not a accessible friendly machine. . . So now my son's broadcasting career might be over before it starts all because I could hit the wrong thing and mess up hundreds of dollars with one little action. . . **Sigh**:( I need help bad. lol

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    What is the problem actually?? :confused:

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    How is a laptop related to a broadcasting career? What's wrong with your son's laptop? Your post is weird.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Hmm.... sounds like a spammer :g:

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yes. I know. Just wanted to remain polite. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    The name certainly fits the post :wassat:

7. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    YES yes and yes again.

MY YEN knows everything,that´s why i like him so much :hug2::hug2::hug2::wub::wub::wub:

8. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
  9. MommaChaos

MommaChaos MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2011
    Windows Validation.

10. MommaChaos

MommaChaos MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2011
    My son is in high school and instead of calling it Audio/visual, at his high school it's called broadcast journalism where they have to make mock video news casts and reports. He needs his laptop I think to edit video projects.

11. MommaChaos

MommaChaos MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2011
    :mad: and no, I'm not a spammer.

12. MommaChaos

MommaChaos MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2011
    Thank you for remaining polite, however, I'm about ready to just have Windows 7 reinstalled. I had been reading on why the lap top is giving the "validation" pop up after having this lap top two years. I just don't get it.

13. igoreshka

igoreshka MDL Junior Member

Jul 5, 2011
    welcome to the forum

enjoy

14. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    hope ur prob is solved ;) anyway Welcome :)