Screen Saver BUG in Winsows 7 Build 7057!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by gate1975mlm, Mar 17, 2009.

1. gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2008
    I have already talked about the issue where when you change the winodws theme the Screen Saver goes to "NONE".

But now I found a new bug.

When you right click on desktop and select Personalize It says "NONE" for the Screen Saver but this is wrong because when I click on the Screen Saver button I can see that I in fact do have a Screen Saver selected!

So the bug is windows is reporting that I have no Screen Saver selected when in fact I do!!

I am not sure yet what causes this to happen.

I have no Feedback button on build 7057 so if one of you could report this bug to Microsoft that would be great!!

Attached Files:

2. echrada

echrada MDL Junior Member

Dec 24, 2008
    It cannot be a bug as mine works perfectly fine. I select and apply and my selected screensaver appears and runs as I want it to.

It must be something on your particular installation.

3. dvader

dvader MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2009
    mine works fine to..

4. lordgalla

lordgalla MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2014
    Hello;I have the exact same problem on a new install,Icon says none,but I can click on it,to open screensavers and set a screen saver,then it still says none.But the screensaver works ok.
    Weird? Seems like just a problem with the Icon. Still looking for a fix for this.It's a brand new install 32 bit win 7.

5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    You have some GPO applied most likely, what you describe is the usual behavior when SS is policy controlled

sebus

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    No problems here on on twelve computers running Windows 7.

7. CaffeinePizza

CaffeinePizza MDL Junior Member

May 19, 2013
    Why would you guys bump a 5 year old thread??? :confused:o_O:annoyed::nono2::kick:
    this thread needs to be closed imo

8. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    If it's a brand new install of Windows 7, then I suggest it be fully updated and see if that helps :). Start with the service pack 1 (if it is the original Windows 7 RTM), then use Windows Hotfix Downloader to download all the latest updates and install them.

9. mohcreed

mohcreed MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2014
    mine works fine to..