Screenshot of Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by serciyo84, May 29, 2009.

1. serciyo84

serciyo84 MDL Novice

May 10, 2009
  2. ph03n!x

ph03n!x MDL Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Heights of Crazy??!

3. robert79513

robert79513 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I think it's real

4. keyra

keyra MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2008
    wtf rtm isn't even out

5. cyclops

cyclops MDL Senior Member

Sep 10, 2007
    lmao....its bs

6. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    It may be BS.....but it wouldn't surprise me to see that MS is already testing packaging of a service pack for W7.

Every major new product released by any company comes out to RTM with the company maintaining a list of known issues that they continue to work on separately from the RTM process. Some fixes are released as individual updates or hot fixes, while others require a longer regression testing cycle or are less critical and end up as part of a service pack or cumulative update.

MS may be trying to shorten the SP release cycle to ensure that they can maintain a positive spin with W7. Having an SP ready to go just as W7 is starting to hit its stride (maybe 6-8 months after RTM?) would not be a bad thing nor would it be that far away from reality. SP2 for Vista was essentially done back in Dec.2008 and is only just now (last week) publicly available directly from MS.

7. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    why bother when they can put the fixs in to the final

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Lol....either somebody is good at photoshop, or M$ doesn't believe in their own new OS, planning for fixes before the release of RTM......;)

Don't cry, M$, nobody is perfect....:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Cipher

Cipher MDL Member

May 31, 2008
    Yup I would think this has to be BS as M$ are still producing pre-RTM builds.

The only logical arguments I can think of that makes this slightly plausible is...

1. M$ said no more features will added after the RC build only bug and compatibility fixes, any additional features would be added in future service packs.

2. A lot of businesses will not migrate over to new O/S until it reaches SP1, when most of the bugs and problems originally missed during initial testing and development are addressed.
    M$ maybe trying to speed the take up of Windows 7 by readying a early service pack release.

10. Cuoco

Cuoco MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2009
    Its fake!

The screenshot show Windows 7 with classic theme??? I think it isnĀ“t not real!