Screwedup!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by KING, Nov 14, 2008.

1. KING

KING MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2008
    Well i did my pc in real good tonight. :eek: Cant get it to activate w/ the workarounds. Trying to go from HB to Ultimate. I did the upgrade thing w/ my I guess restore CD which had the upgrades on it and OEM folder. So i stuck it in and tried to upgrade. Well the OS was on my main C 2 75g Raid harddrive (150 total) and it put it on my D 250g storage HD. lol. Now i got 2 OS's and and the on the C wont boot. I can get to it fine through the D OS but that not really how i want to operate. I have tried all kinds of things seems the harder I try the deeper i get. Any way If someone could help me i would promise never to to this again :).
    Prior to this screw up I did an Everest rpt and found that it had a SLIC (which im still not to clear on) but now i don't have it, and also the report says the ACPI was from ASUS but the report now says its Nvidia.
    Just wondering if worst case senerio would be to format one drive at time so i dont lose anything, and reinstall from my CD could that be done? And could it be possible to get a modded bios and workaround for the up grade to Ultimate? I tried plugging in a whole bunch of those #'s they didnt work.
    The product ID # is 89587-oem-7332123-00031. I couldn find that # anyhwhere. Any way the system is a 64bit and the PC is from CyberpowerPC.

Here are my specs from EVEREST. If any one could help thanks in advance.

Motherboard:
    CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 2833 MHz (8.5 x 333)
    Motherboard Name EVGA NF68 (2 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 3 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Dual Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
    Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce 680i SLI
    System Memory 4096 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
    BIOS Type Award (09/04/08)

DMI:
    DMI BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD
    DMI BIOS Version 6.00 PG
    DMI System Manufacturer EVGA
    DMI System Product 122-CK-NF68
    DMI System Version 2
    DMI System Serial Number 1
    DMI System UUID E9A8A21A-064B0400-00000000-00000000
    DMI Motherboard Manufacturer EVGA
    DMI Motherboard Product 122-CK-NF68
    DMI Motherboard Version 2
    DMI Motherboard Serial Number 1
    DMI Chassis Manufacturer EVGA
    DMI Chassis Version 122-CK-NF68
    DMI Chassis Serial Number
    DMI Chassis Asset Tag
    DMI Chassis Type Desktop Case
    DMI Total / Free Memory Sockets 4 / 2

2. KING

KING MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2008
    HAHA, im as noobish as they come and i got it to work for now anyhow.

I installed the bootloader from Dasumo used an ASUS one and its up and running activated and all. Even got back my SLIC. Thanks for the workaround.
    Will post the oem ID and key in the Vista OEM SLP keys sticky for my basic and ultimate install.

Now all i gotta do is get my hard drives back to the way they were and make a boot CD and I will be a happy camper.

Gunna do some reading up on this forum which helped out alot. Thanks to all for the time and research.

Gotta ? though would it be better just to format my small C raid 0 150g and do the process all over again or what.?

Again Thanks in advance.

3. shay_g

shay_g MDL Member

Apr 10, 2008
    #3 shay_g, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2008
    next time if you don't wanna Screwed!!
    flash a modded bios and forget all the vista loader **** forever!!!!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
    Sorry to dig up an old post, but do you have the cd key for this PID ? This is a Home Basic N SLP key which is different from the standard Home Basic SLP.

5. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008