Script to automate apply settings Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hellcry, Dec 9, 2010.

1. hellcry

hellcry MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    OK guys what i want is relative simple in my mind but i dont know how to do it, I'll try to explain.

I am installing windows 7 and I am installing drivers.

After that the real work begins, setting windows according to my needs.

For example i want a script / file or something like it to apply numerous settings to windows 7 after installation in 1 click. I wanna click it myself don't want to customize windows 7 DVD or some program to run it on startup.

Basically this script need to set my windows with settings like:

- turn off hibernate
    - turn off system restore
    - set taskbar to show all icons in try
    - set clock to show date in format DD/MMM/YYYY not like default DD/MM/YYYY

and numerous other.

Is something like that doable? Can anyone help me do that?

2. hellcry

hellcry MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    I dont wana do a butable DVD, that program cant even do half of the settings i wana make so RT7Lite isen't a option.

Ty timesurfer that's a good start.

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You don't need a script most will just be registry settings, you can take registry snapshots before and after changes.

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Yep indeed, just change all the reg settings, do a reboot and everything should be ok.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tuxshazer

tuxshazer MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2008
    Script

If you provide the registry keys that need to be changed, I will write a vbscript to perform the task you are asking on the thread.

6. hellcry

hellcry MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    Searching for how too make all that settings from registry, but i doubt every setting of windows is stored in registry, anyway if i manage to find all registry keys to make all changes i need after install i dont think a script will be needed anymore because i can merge all registry settings in 1 file and duble click it.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    There is collection of registry tweaks in stickies that may help.

8. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I think they're al in registry, except for some bootsettings (they are in bootloader) and that kind of things

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...